Tis the season? Ive been robbed !

Started by Dave, December 13, 2004, 07:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

This sucks .. got home from hunting and saw the garage light was on went to the door to see if Sue was out there and saw my tool box was gone  :x
Started for the house when the state police drove in. Sue got here first and the garage door was wide open with the heat on and the back door of the house is destroyed and all we can find they took was my * tools . All of them Looks like they just rammed both doors with a shoulder and ransacked every thing. God dam I wish id had cought em.. I got my gun in the truck too :lol:  Well one of them the other one is still under the bed in the case and they looked at it too. Looks like they wanted money and tools that they could sell quick.
Well im going back to lookin for i call the insurance company
Dave

KustomLincolnLady

Man that does suck!!! where was the car? Guess really your lucky could have taken a lot more!!!!!   Hope your ins call goes well :(  
who needs stuff like this, no one respects anyone anymore, its awful!!
sorry Dave and Sue
Debb

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Man that does suck!!! where was the car? Guess really your lucky could have taken a lot more!!!!!   Hope your ins call goes well :(  
who needs stuff like this, no one respects anyone anymore, its awful!!
sorry Dave and Sue
Debb

Believe it or not they did take care not to screw up the 32 the tool box was right behind it against the wall. Guess I got lucky there . Im trying to figure out now what I had for tools . Ill know every time i look for one. 12 drawer craftsman 4 drawer add on 8 drawer roller base chocked full I actually had some tools in another cabnet... :x
Dave

SKR8PN

Dave....after you change your door locks,change your SCHEDULE......
Hide your car at the neighbors and spend a few nights out in your shop with your pistole' :wink:
Give it about 2-4 weeks...........they MAY come back :shock:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

purplepickup

That really sucks man.  'Tis the season.  They say there are more break-ins this time of year than any other. :(

I was talking to a guy the other day about getting broke into and he said he puts padlocks thru his overhead door tracks on the inside so that if they do break into the service door they can't get the big stuff out very easy.   Of course there's enough tools inside to cut the locks.  At least they'll have to work at it.
George

Dave

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Dave....after you change your door locks,change your SCHEDULE......
Hide your car at the neighbors and spend a few nights out in your shop with your pistole' :wink:

I dont own a pistole id just like to shoot em in the knee caps with my 12 gauge then kick thier azzes.... :)
Dave
ps: were still looking thru the house and other than I have a back door thats all mucked up it doesnt appear anything else was taken.. still looking though.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "SKR8PN"Dave....after you change your door locks,change your SCHEDULE......

I dont own a pistole id just like to shoot em in the knee caps with my 12 gauge then kick thier azzes.... :)
Dave

That just SUCKS!! I'm a firm believer in good 'ole fashion Justice.
if ya catch 'em let me know. down here, hanging is still legal :shock:
I got a rope, you will have to bring your own tree, ain't got none down here.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "N8DC"This sucks .. got home from hunting and saw the garage light was on went to the door to see if Sue was out there and saw my tool box was gone  :x
Started for the house when the state police drove in. Sue got here first and the garage door was wide open with the heat on and the back door of the house is destroyed and all we can find they took was my * tools . All of them Looks like they just rammed both doors with a shoulder and ransacked every thing. God dam I wish id had cought em.. I got my gun in the truck too :lol:  Well one of them the other one is still under the bed in the case and they looked at it too. Looks like they wanted money and tools that they could sell quick.
Well im going back to lookin for i call the insurance company
Dave

Sorry.   Recently I started locking the shop when I am gone.  I take the keys out of my vehicles too.  I have lived here 20 years and I never did that before.  I always have left the shop open because some of my hot rod buddies and I have a come and get what you need policy, but we have now modified our policy some.   Not only have you lost your tools but they have taken away your freedom to feel secure at home and they have added one more thing for you to worry about.

We have often talked about how lax and laid back we all are at car shows.  We often leave the keys in our vehicles and we often leave all kinds of valuable stuff laying around the areas where we park.  I guess it is time to change the way we do that too.  Thieves take more than material items and they make us change the way we live our day to day lives.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat rat

That's the truth about changing your feeling of security. I was broken into over 30 years ago and I still watch things. My wife (since the B&E) thinks I'm a little paranoid sometimes, like tonight we came home and I knew by the tracks before I drove in the driveway that somebody'd been here. Too her it was no big deal she assumes the best and I assume the worst.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to hear this crap!  Hope things work out as well as possible with this BS.

I am like phat rat, I expect the worst .  I watch tire marks in the street and my drive when I leave the driveway gate open.

We've had stuff stolen from vehicles , never broken into our house.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I guess the thieves in my area are retarded.  I had a large rubber tree stolen off my front porch when I went on vacation, and a stack of wooden tomato poles stolen from behind my garage.  Then there were times, both day and night, that I'd go out to the garage and find the double door wide open, and nothing has ever been taken.  There were times that I'd be looking for something and thought that it had been stolen, but end up finding it in some stupid place that I put it last.

Good luck with the insurance company, and I hope you find the * that did it.  I've been reading this on other sites, and some figure that it could be someone that you know.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that Dave. I do know how you feel. It more than likely is someone you know, or one of their friends.

I now have bars on the windows, steel plate in the door jamb, padlocks on the door tracks, all the boxes bolted together, and a cable and eye bolt into the wall on the boxes. None of it will stop them, but it all slows them down.

Put the word out, you may have someone who likes you better than the thieves, I did that the first time, and got everything back, and prosecuted the offenders.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BELLM

It has been 6 or 8 years now since we got hit and I still go looking for tools, realize it was something I forgot I had back when I listed stuff stolen.  Amazing what you accumulate.I got to where unless I know someone really well I do not let them see my stuff.  Good thing you didn't catch them, you would go to jail they will go free then sue you and win. :x

32 Chevy

Quote from: "BELLM"It has been 6 or 8 years now since we got hit and I still go looking for tools, realize it was something I forgot I had back when I listed stuff stolen.  Amazing what you accumulate.I got to where unless I know someone really well I do not let them see my stuff.  Good thing you didn't catch them, you would go to jail they will go free then sue you and win. :x

After just going through this myself, I feel for you. It isnt just the money, its the principle of the thing. Like you, I had previously been very permissive about loaning tools and allowing others to use the shop, but no longer. I just signed the contract for a chain link fence that will cost about twice the value of the stolen tools. Then a monitored motion detector type alarm aln lotsa locks.

The night I was ripped off, the theives left the Mig welder behind the Maple tree, and I was hoping they would come back for it... I camped out that  night with my Ruger Blackhawk .44 Mag and my cell phone, but the suckers didnt come back. Lucky for them.

Dave

47wood

You know down south the phrase "...everybody knows he needed killin'," is still an acceptable defense.  I know you feel violated.  Glad it wasn't worse.  It's a reminder to us all to review our security and watch who we let into the shop.  Good luck on the ins.    :x
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!