Modern Marvels - Drag Racing

Started by Fift4fe, February 18, 2004, 08:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fift4fe

Tonight - Feb 18, 2004 @ 9 pm eastern on the History Channel
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

purplepickup

We don't get the History Channel here but a guy at work today was telling me what a good show Modern Marvels is.  I should have thought to ask him to tape it for me...duh!  I'll bet it was a good episode.
George

Jimc

Quote from: "purplepickup"We don't get the History Channel here but a guy at work today was telling me what a good show Modern Marvels is.  I should have thought to ask him to tape it for me...duh!  I'll bet it was a good episode.
It was an interesting show. About drag racing. And about how race cars work and what various components are for
Bob Norwood is now into  ricer's?
The size of the block, no water jacket, just one big chunk of aluminum.
195 mile quarters with a 4 cyl, thinks he can get it to 250.
I liked Bob's ending comment. "I'll be the first man to do it"

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Sean

Quote from: "purplepickup"We don't get the History Channel here but a guy at work today was telling me what a good show Modern Marvels is.  I should have thought to ask him to tape it for me...duh!  I'll bet it was a good episode.

Don't have the History Channel?  :shock: If it wasn't for the History Channel and Discovery Channel I wouldn't even bother paying the Cable bill. You should call your provider and raise Hell until you get it.

And yes, "Modern Marvels" is one of the best shows on there. "Mail Call" is good too, if you like Military stuff. R. Lee Ermey, the Drill Sergeant from "Full Metal Jacket" is the Host of "Mail Call".