Where there is smoke

Started by Kctom, November 24, 2004, 05:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

This is kinda funny now, but at the time NOT. Anyway I was working on the 30 Pontiac. About 10 feet away the Prowler is parked. A rattling sound was comming from the prowler. Turned around to see what the noise was. A little amount of smoke was rolling out from both sides of the car. Opened the hood and alot of smoke came belching up. Looked like the mushroom cloud from a small A-Bomb blast. I mean alot of smoke. Ran around the shop trying to find some bolt cutters to cut the battery cable. No luck, now the shop is full of smoke. Ran outside to get a water hose and a man in a orange vest is walking down the property line.  I ask him for help.  Seems the city was doing a smoke test on the sewer system to find leaks, Sure enough the drain in the floor was right under the engine compartment of the prowler. The rattling sound was a plastic ball I had placed in the drain to stop the sewer gas from comming up the drain in the floor. The pressure pushing the smoke was bouncing the ball up and down hitting the drain lid. Man did I feel stupid. The city had sent a notice out the week befire requesting all floor drains be filled by pouring 3 glasses of water into them on Friday so no smoke would come up them into your house. I talked to a buddy the next day who is a Fireman in our little town. Said they had over 500 fire calls in 30 minutes. No fires just smoke. So alot of us did'nt read the notice. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

enjenjo

That's the best thing I've heard today :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Doesn't that, uh, sorta, uh, wipe out all the smart things everyone in yer town ever did??? That'd funny!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

an4itio

I bet your glad you didn't find those bolt cutters.  :oops:
Dont DistUrbed Me Im DiStuRbEd EnOuGh!!

KustomLincolnLady

Yeah I see that at the time it wasn't funny. I almost had a heart attack myself!!!!!
Tom, if your not gonna take any better care of your Prowler than that, you had better give it to me!!!!! :lol:  :lol:   I would love it a lot!!!! a WHOLE LOT!!!!  :wink:  :wink:
Debb

P.S. what were you wearing? LMAO!! (inside joke)