Shop heat & cooling

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 11, 2004, 08:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Why post this photo ?

There is warm air coming from the left vent.

it took too long , a couple of failed contractor deals.. Finally the heat-pump is wired and functioning.  I had trouble with the thermostat last night.  The a/c place I bought the heat pump from diagramed the wires for me today, it works great!

The round duct work should be ready for me to pick up saturday, the remainder built and ready by next week.

Hopefully over the turkey holidaze i can install the stuff.  I need to get some scafolding to install  the duct work on the 13 foot high ceilings.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58Apache

Nice professional setup there. I am sure it will come in handy this winter.

Sure makes my 2 element quartz  120V electric unit look like a toy.  Still, it takes the chill off after about an hour or so and makes working in the garage in the cold midwest winter months toerable.

The one thing I like about heat pumps is they dehumidify the air. I wouldn't think that would be an issue in Arid-Zona?

Also, the one catch to heating a garage is that when working on a car, there seems to be a lot that requires fresh air ventilation and a lot of it. Painting, welding, starting the engine, etc.  Kinda puts you in a catch 22 situation sometimes.

Steve