Gone Cruisin'

Started by alchevy, November 05, 2004, 08:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

This weekend I'm off to Crossett, Arkansas for the Klassy Kruzers Fun Run. This is a very nice event (it's pre-'66) and it is put on by some of the nicest folks you will ever meet. I'll take plenty of pictures and upload them to my car club's site (www.vicksburgcruisers.com) when I get back. If you are in the Arkansas area (some on the RRT are), you should try to get to this show. Crossett is located in the Southeast corner of the state, just above the state line. The Lakewood Inn is the host hotel where the car show is at.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

What a weekend!!!
Nice, super weather. The last 2 years, it was 35 degrees and threatn' sleet. But this time it was sunny and high temps in the 60's. I'll get the pictures uploaded to the site this afternoon, evening. Here's three pictures to make you come back for more when I get them uploaded.

The first one is super nice looking rat rod.
Next is the '97 Oklahoma City NSRA Nats giveaway car. Still driven by the winner.
The next one is one that has been widened. Tell me that's not a challenge!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Looking forward to more pictures

I saw a Dodge van one time that was widened 12" for use as an ambulance, just the body, not the running gear. Looked a bit strange, and at a closer look, it was a real hack job, as most of the newer "coach built" stuff is. I have stories about newer hearses you wouldn't believe. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looking forward to more pictures

Here they are: http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/kkfr04.htm
Enjoy!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Quote from: "Crosley"Kool  photos!

Thanks, I enjoy taking them and sharing them on the web. I'm about ready to start doing some more work on my car, now that the car show season is winding down 'til next year. There are a few shows this month:

Nov. 19-21, 2004 in Jasper, TX there's the Lakes Area Cruisers Rod Run, vehicles must be 25 years old to enter.

The Street Rod Reunion in Pensacola, FL that was scheduled for Nov. 26-28, 2004 has been canceled because there's damage to the host hotel due to huricane. They are trying to get the word out to folks.

www.astreetrodder.com