odd rod catagory

Started by alchevy, November 04, 2004, 09:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

How many of y'all remember seeing these at Louisville in 2000? After seeing someone's RRT name on here the other day, it reminded me of these. The name was ROADTOAD and that's what's on one of the tags on these two street rods.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat46

Quote from: "40chevy"How many of y'all remember seeing these at Louisville in 2000? After seeing someone's RRT name on here the other day, it reminded me of these. The name was ROADTOAD and that's what's on one of the tags on these two street rods.
AL

Yup, I remember those two, very cool, got some 'zine coverage too, if I'm not mistaken.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, I remember seeing them as well, even took a few photos BUT I wasn't too crazy about them, still not,  but to each his own.  

At the time the "RoadToads" were a very cool, on line car chat group.  Meet some cool folks in that club.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

awsum34

Talk about flash backs, I remember the Roadtoads, it was a car club on AOL. www.members.aol.com/hotrod28a/toads1.htm   That was back when AOL was about the only way to get on the internet.  He was one of the first group of members and they named the club after is rig.  They did meet on Sunday and Wedenday nights for the chat nights.

The ride is different.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

Stevie G

The red one can be seen quite often in Dunnellon, FL.
I'm thinking he makes T-shirts in the trailer.
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

jaybee

I saw the blue one at GG in Des Moines that same year.  The trailer and the interior of the car weren't quite finished then.  There's a lot of steel tubing in the roof of that thing!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)