Stupid pet tricks

Started by enjenjo, October 15, 2004, 08:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I should know better, I really should! Yesterday I was making a part for the wagon I am repairing, farm wagon type, and I grabbed a piece of hot steel, AGAIN, when the last time I did it is just well healed. Point is, If I had been wearing my gloves, I would have been ok, but I wasn't, so I ain't.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"I should know better, I really should! Yesterday I was making a part for the wagon I am repairing, farm wagon type, and I grabbed a piece of hot steel, AGAIN, when the last time I did it is just well healed. Point is, If I had been wearing my gloves, I would have been ok, but I wasn't, so I ain't.

Yea, you shoulda knowed better!!!
dry sterile dressings, changed often, and some Silvadene cream will help with the healing process. unfortunately it is available by prescription only. unless you have a Pharmacist you are REALLY good friends with.
leather gloves work pretty good PRIOR to the burn process too.

hope you heal quickly.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Yep, I know the feeling too.  I replaced all the old windows in my house this year, and burned all the wooden ones behind the garage, in  a pit.  Couple days later, I was going through the ashes picking out the metal pieces, and picked up a metal window lock.   Still mucho hot, sitting in the insulating ashes. OUCH.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

The times I have picked up something HOT and the smoke rolls off the gloves I have on............. I am a  happy guy.

We won't talk about the other times.

take care Frank
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jbird

I know better... While I was building the oven, I needed to use the plasma cutter to slice a four inch piece of sheetmetal, just a quick slice, take longer to put on my gloves than it will to do the cut. The piece of angle iron I was holding against the sheetmetal as a guide slipped. I ended up with a nice two inch plasma arc burn on the fleshy muscle just below my left thumb. Having way too much experience at this sort of thing I immediately jumped up, grabbed a chunk of ice and held it on the afflicted area till the cold started causing more pain than the burn. The aftermath was a nice fat second degree blister and a little spot of third degree charcoal. I really do know better.
       Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

48ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"I should know better, I really should! Yesterday I was making a part for the wagon I am repairing, farm wagon type, and I grabbed a piece of hot steel, AGAIN, when the last time I did it is just well healed. Point is, If I had been wearing my gloves, I would have been ok, but I wasn't, so I ain't.
So it was you that was  screaming on our side of town!
I feel the pain.
Russ&Irene :shock:

SKR8PN

Frank, that piece of steel was not hot, it simply didn't require a long inspection time,did it?
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

WZ JUNK

It will feel better when it quits hurting.  Sorry buddy, I feel your pain.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

old32

I know the feeling.
Doing a bit of oxy welding on the weekend, down to the last six inches of filler wire and reached up to lift up the goggles, oops ran the tip of the wire right across my forehead. Dear son standing by said that it couldn't hurt as it would have burnt all the nerve endings away. Smart * son
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

choco

I don't know what your problem is. I can't feel a thing.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

old32

Quote from: "choco"I don't know what your problem is. I can't feel a thing.

The amount of pain is inversely proportional to the amount of malt ingested.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

mrloboy

As a practicing blaclsmith, all I can say is AHHHHHHHH!
rj

enjenjo

Quote from: "mrloboy"As a practicing blaclsmith, all I can say is AHHHHHHHH!
rj

For my next trick.... yesterday, I was moving some stuff out in the barn, and ran the left side of my head into a stack of steel plates, felt like I was hit with a ball bat. So I have a series of small cuts up the left side of my face, nice sharp edges. :lol:  An hour later, I slipped going up the stairs carrying a box of parts, fell on the box, and got a big bruise on my chest. I went in and quit for the day then. Today was much better, no burns, no cuts, no bruises.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

"Stupid pet tricks"  I thought this thread was going to be about something George's dog Murf did.  As in wetting down the tires on the RRT BBQ trailer.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Jokester

Frank,

Maybe you should quit that retirement and get a job!  Much less likely to get hurt there.

LOL

Buy stock in ibuprofen.

:( .bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.