2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

One day short of a month, I had my chest tube removed today. Yipppeeee.  I'll get another xray tomorrow morning to be sure my lung is staying inflated.  My wife was in the room when the nurse practitioner pulled out the tube, and said "Holy *!"  The NP got a kick out of it.  It was about 14" inside of me.

The NP showed us the xray taken on Monday, and it showed the tube stuck inside and my lung was 99% inflated.  She also showed us the xray taken a month ago with my collapsed lung. Wow!  Right lung was really small.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

2 days ago, I installed the 3rd new starter on the 48. The 1st had no power when the engine was warm. The 2nd had solenoid click, sometimes 3 times before engaging. The good news is they are not difficult to replace. The last unit had a good warranty so I'm out some time and labor.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Watched some recent Steve Magnante videos.  He is selling cars, his house, magazine collection , etc to pay medical expenses.

Steve is still recovering from his illness and seems to be unsure when and if he returns to his old activity.

Also: Steve said he will setup a Gofundme account and to wait to donate funds to his account only.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

My brother and I were at the Mid America NSRA Street Rod Nationals today.  I took a photo of our cars together.  No surprise that attendance is at its lowest ever.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Replaced the blown apart harmonic balancer on one of the Corvairs.  It blew apart before I went to the hospital, so I was well enough to do it yesterday.  I bought a shorty pulley puller so I wouldn't have to lower the engine.  Took longer, but didn't have to get under the car to disconnect anything. As Willie Nelson would say, "on the road again."
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

Went to a bike swap meet today. Score! Got a set of handlebars that will put my hands low enough to be legal , and they are metric so I can use my Suzuki hand controls. Also got a front and rear caliper for the Harley rotors . Our school car show was today , we had about 60 cars , all went well . 8)

idrivejunk

Storms around 3 AM, probably a tornado, went right by my folks' house. They are fine but will be without power or gas for awhile, utilities were hit hard across the county and one fatality has been reported. Their street access is blocked by trees, and... its about to be hot and muggy plus more severe weather possible this afternoon. Uh oh. Goodbye holiday, goodbye comfort, and hello hassles. As we count our blessings. :blank:

Oh... that last pic was just a screenshot from my Oldsmobile days. No particular significance.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

May 26th  (today)  ....... In  1943  Edsel Ford died. I have liked the Edsel Car for many years
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bit of maintenance on the daily vehicles on saturday. 

Changed the transmission inline oil filter on the Honda Civic car. Since the air filter box was removed to replace the trans filter.. I cleaned the MAF sensor with a spray of MAF cleaner.  The Civic is hard starting in the morning. Bit longer cranking till the engine fires. After that: All day the car starts quickly.  I thought it was fuel pressure. So I cycle the key off and on a couple times to prime the EFI system.  That key action does not help.  THe car runs great. No surge like low fuel pressure or bad injectors. It will run 35mph or 85 mph just fine.  Weird.

Did an EFI pressure check on the Honda Civic car again. Fuel press is fine at early morning first start up.

I ran fresh DOT 4 brake fluid thru the F350 truck.  The ol "let er drip method" worked well.  2 quarts of brake fluid was used. I try to refresh brake fluid every 3 years or less.

8)
Tony

kb426

Today, the 48 and I went to Garden City for memorial Day services. This is my most cherished holiday. :) Weather was good, services were good. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Message from my buddy about his mom.  This was the 99 yr old mom I helped him move about 6 months ago into a full assisted living place.

She passed in her sleep yesterday.  Her 100th birthday was on April 10th.. Her health started to decline about 3 weeks ago.

It is sad, yet she made it to 100 years old.
Tony

kb426

I jacked up the front of the 48 and removed the front wheels. I took a small wire brush, brake clean and a rag and scrubbed the road grim and scum of all of the accessible alum parts on the corvette suspension. I should have done that before I installed the front. Even though I didn't plan on cleaning this truck much, it needed to be cleaner to start. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

started making risers to mount the handlebars higher on the chopper .

idrivejunk

All only bad to report here. Day five of my 80 something parents being without power and authorities are still unable to label the magnitude of the storm but say a dozen tornadoes in the state Sunday are confirmed. One with a record breaking 1.8 mile path width. Boss has two lakeside houses each with multiple holes through roofs. Mom boldly ventured out yesterday and got rearended by a Malibu slammed into by an F150 with Utah plates. Message to world: Stop messing with my folks. Drip rail for my cab project showed up yesterday but still only have one of four pan brace sections needed and blasting operation has been pushed aside, forgotten. Happy summer to all.  :)
Matt