2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

chimp koose

I once went to traffic court with my daughter for a ticket she got for running a red light . It was on camera. the guy before us had the same charge and after playing the video he beat his . Same cop. when we went up for daughters charge , the charges were dropped BEFORE the video had to be played in court .They let us watch the video before we made a plea , we knew it was a stretch to call it a red light. This cop got an earful from the traffic court judge . I had to comment to daughter about how we spend father daughter time in traffic court .

enjenjo

Went in for surgery today. Right hand Carpel tunnel, and right elbow Ulnar nerve relocation. It went well, they sent me home with  some good drugs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Hope it works for you, Frank.  I had cubital surgery on my elbow years ago, and it didn't help.  I think the doctor wasn't the best.  Anyway, I'm coping with the numb finger tips, nothing serious.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

New meat again. Tearing down an 85 K10 Jimmy. It is freakishly rust free, only has spots at the roof seams. Came with 6.2L diesel and is manual trans 4WD. Has a random SBC now and 305 on the sticker so who knows? I can't remember the last time I had a running and driving work project. Don't know yet if it is just a paint job or a frame off but there won't be anything roddy about it. Says fire chief on the gate.

Has a new GM hood on it but looks to have sat with no hood and been covered in guano so they pressure washed it before coming in. Brilliant! I am pretty happy and bolts are mostly coming right out. But I am also tasked with establishing a new SOP for organizing and sorting and labeling of everything and making notes, etc.
Matt

idrivejunk

Well... it looks like has had pans over pans, and rockers, at some point. Spoke too soon. Job security! :)

Matt

chimp koose

I find zip lock bags/felt marker/ tupperware tubs to be helpful in keeping things in order. Also take lots of pictures now . It seems straight forward until a year from now and a dozen jobs in between to remember the little details . I am sure this is stuff you have done more often than me 8)

chimp koose

I am slowly going about making my garage more weathertight. I have let many things slide over the years and got to the point that I have to do some work . Re aligned my man door and sealed it up . Installed a shorter top panel on garage door so it closes all the way at the top .Still need to play with the weather seal along the top of the garage door . Have large gaps at either side of the bottom of the garage door to deal with . Might have to pour a bit of concrete to fix it as the coveralls shoved under the door dont seem to fix it  :lol: 

idrivejunk

CK, come do my garage next. After you get all practiced up. :)

Have lots of bags and bins and tape and markers. Things we talked about are like:

What old bad things to throw away when.

How specifically fasteners are to be labeled and grouped.

Listing contents on outside of bins. Heck I do that at home.

As it is, two or three years can go by before reaching for something stashed. Example in pic. Thats part of what we are working to improve. Delays are sometimes due to customer money flow capacity, sometimes due to job juggling for flow or personell shuffling. It is insanely difficult to find and keep good help. They have to love it and ya gotta give a new guy some tasks to find out where he stands. :roll:

There is also the matter of mapping shims and/or making other assembly notes upon mockup teardown and preserving those until needed.
Matt

jaybee

Hope you heal quickly, Frank.

Well Matt, at least they keep that white truck washed, if nothing else...  :lol:

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

A month ago , we bought a house in Holbrook AZ.  The RV life was not conductive to getting projects on tract.  We were paying storage rent on 3 places for the towable 5th wheel RV , the car trailer and my shop tools ,  and rent of the park model in Sun City area...  We have rolled that $$ all together and bought the house. 

All storage costs have been deleted.  We are in the process to sell our park model unit in Sun City AZ  and we will be done with central Arizona. It has been in the 105 to 113 degrees in the central AZ again in recent days.  This house has not seen much upkeep in 10 yrs or so. It is a time capsule for the 1970s. LOL

The house is on .40 acre.  Shop in backyard is 1600 sq feet with 100 amp service separate from the house.

Couple of drone photos from the listing....  Back yard was full of debris, dead tree stumps, broken concrete, bricks , stones, over grown bushes and trees.  I used the F350 to lightly trim about a dozen bushes.  Pulled a ratty old chain link fence and several  posts out.

Still more to do as we have not even moved in yet. That happens the 29th of September.  We are tired after 3 weeks of daily work.  I thought I retired 3 yrs ago?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)