48 chevy truck

Started by kb426, September 07, 2022, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaybee

I'll agree, that's a deep, rich blue and I really like it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

More tinkering. Because my space is limited, I decided against carrying a floor jack. I have several of the old jacks from cars in the 90's. I believe this one was from the 96 Mustang. I modified the handle by welding a lug not on the end of it. This allows me to use a rachet and an extension on the jack. I tried it and it didn't take a lot of effort to raise a wheel. I put some of the stuff in the bed to start finding the best location for them. I don't have a dough nut spare that will work. More research there. I have one more Mustang wheel but by the time a tire is mounted, space will be close but I'd rather have something lighter to hoist in and out. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S decided it was time for a little more exercise. Buffing not finished.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Not finished, but coming along!

I have a jack very similar to that one. Mine came from a Ford Taurus.

kb426

O&S may be finished with color sanding and buffing. maybe not. LOL.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

chimp koose

kb426

This mornings project. Marine coated cloth with velcro sewed to the back for the hinge cover on the bed cover. I had not sewed velcro before and it looks like it. :) The cloth is coated on the back side for water proofing. I'll find out how good it is. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

So... is that what they call a velcro fly?  :lol:  ZZ Top reference there. :)
Matt

kb426

I don't have a good name for it. There's room for some creativity to have something to talk about. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Lame update. I washed the truck today after the 100 mile trip from yesterday. My cloth hinge cover seems to work as desired. :) I don't know how long the coating lasts but I have enough material to make several more. LOL.
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S made a few parts today. Months ago, Matt suggested that I make acorn nuts for the upper a arm bolts. I didn't have any hex material so I used round stock. They are threaded 12mm x 1.75 and are machined for a 1/2" open end wrench to tighten or remove. Nothing fancy. :) I used a collet to hold the stock in the lathe and the mill. One collet holder is hex and the other is square.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Nice, a little finish work. :)