48 chevy truck

Started by kb426, September 07, 2022, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I thought the acorn nut suggestion was for the front control arm bolt not the shaft bolts but hey now those alignment adjusting threads are protected.

Did moving the air filter inside the engine bay smooth up the drivability? I must have missed that part.

All good stuff!  :)  Look'n sharp. Glad to hear the velcro fly worked.
Matt

kb426

I guess I can make more thread covers. :) Air filter location did nothing. It still hiccups whenever it wants.
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S is pleased to report that we have cruise control. As a testament to reading the instructions, it worked on the 1st try. LOL. It was new but had been in the box for 10 years. It's all electronic so I don't expect to have any troubles but we will see. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

I once installed an aftermarket cruise control on the Toyota Corolla of a friend. It's been a long time, I don't remember the brand. Speed-O-Stat? Bendix? The control looked like the Speed-O-Stat or Rostra stalk mount, but I know Rostra is wrong.

Anyway, I don't know why but it never worked right on the Corolla. It would disengage randomly, and one time it went to full throttle unexpectedly. My friend had me take it out, sold it to me, and I installed it on one of my Cougars. Never solved the mystery of what went wrong, as I ran it on my car until I sold the car, years later. It performed flawlessly as long as I had it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I rerouted the fuel tank vent today. I bent some 5/16" steel tubing to go up past the level of the filler neck and then ran it down under the bed. I wasn't happy with it in the bed but it took a while to decide what to do about it. More old age??? :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Minor update. Miniscule would be more accurate. Parts arrived yesterday to allow the replacement of the double male spade connecter with a female wire end with a male spade as part of it. This allowed the wiring to be a little neater. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S is back to o&s. :) Yesterday, I found out that I could remove the foam from the center portion of the Durango seat and begin to make it look like it belonged in a hot rod rather than a mini van. LOL. I removed the upper portion and trimmed it and did some welding to mate the rounded end to it. I will use the foam that was on the bottom of it for the bench seat back and make a useful arm rest. I purchased stainless cup holders when I started this project. This will allow me to fab a panel below the arm rest to hold them. The pics are of a little of what's happened today. Tomorrow it will start to look like something. That is if O&S doesn't get slower. LOL.
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S is back at it. My excuse is it is 103 today. LOL. I made a little progress along with other obligations.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Hey! That will look neat and be handy. :)

Just imagine it is winter and the shop heater is working great. :lol:
Matt

kb426

O&S got in a few hours today. Corners welded, nutserts installed in seat frame and turned blue.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

That's gonna be a nice upgrade to the interior. Not only will it make the space more livable and comfortable, but things should look a little less bare bones as well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

O&S has gone back to amateur land with upholstery. :) The pics will show that functionality won out. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Looks good from here.  Neat work and it does what it is supposed to do.  Kinda of a wimpy arm in the demo though.  :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, you left off old and beat up. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

It is a typical Rat Fink style arm that would be just as at home sticking through the roof using two fingers on a gearshift and doing firey wheelstands.

I'm a big fan of function and that is plenty neat. Good work. :)

Think of it as essential storage for one of your most important tools, the one at the end of your arm. Comfort and hydration will never be less important than it is right now.  ;)
Matt