Plastic curtain

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, October 09, 2004, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

I seen a show on Discovery Channel this morning about a couple of guys working in a garage. They were working on a Nove body, and I noticed the plastic dividing curtain that they were useing to divide the stalls in the garage. Does anyone know the name of the show or where a person can get these divider curtains?

58 Yeoman

I never saw the show, but I'm betting that you saw a curtain made of strips of plastic that were hanging down?  A lot of places use them as 'doors' to keep weather out, but still be able to pass through them.  We have them at work in the warehouse.  Our mechanics made ours by cutting strips of plastic out of one large sheet...they are rather thick.  You could probably also buy them.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

40 Chev Coupe

These were on a track and could be retracted. But it kinda sounds like the same thing I'm looking for.

Crosley.In.AZ

I've seen plastic & cloth stuff that was on tracks in the ceiling like the hospitals use
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

40 Chev Coupe

that's the stuff, where can a guy get it?

348tripower

Mcmaster Carr is one source or United States Plastics for another. It is quite price tho

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"that's the stuff, where can a guy get it?
Don Colliau

phat46

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"I seen a show on Discovery Channel this morning about a couple of guys working in a garage. They were working on a Nove body, and I noticed the plastic dividing curtain that they were useing to divide the stalls in the garage. Does anyone know the name of the show or where a person can get these divider curtains?

Where i work there is a couple dozen people welding all day, they are enclosed in a "booth" made of red plastic seethrough curtains, some are solid sheets held to a light frame that stands on the floor. Some are strips held on over head racks. These are more for eye protection of people nearby, but work well for grinding and weld splatter protection too. I don't know where we get them, but I could check.

40 Chev Coupe

I would appreciate any info and addresses or phone #'s .

34ford

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"I would appreciate any info and addresses or phone #'s .

Do a search at www.google.com for welding curtians or safety curtians and some stuff shows up ther

bob

tom

i have seen them in a walk in cooler type operations........such as in meat plants, produce wholesalers etc. perhaps start by talking to a local supermarket operation??

SprayTech

I have them in my body shop, they are nice.
Here are a few places to look.

www.sprayboothfilters.net

http://www.goffscurtainwalls.com/curtainwalls.htm

SprayTech

P.S. They arent cheap

40 Chev Coupe

Thanks spraytech that's the one's I'm looking for.
Owe you one or two or three etc.

:b-d:  

SprayTech

Your welcome 40 chev coupe.

Just make sure they drape just an 1/8 in. to  the bottom of the cement floor , or they will wear if they are hung to low, as mine have like a chain sewn in the bottom edge and the sliding has wore them bad, as they are dragging along the floor.:(

SprayTech