Season is about over

Started by Kctom, October 07, 2004, 10:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

The car show season is winding down here in the mid-west. Have one more to go and will have to look forward to next year. To bring things up to date. Have sold the 38 Ford to a real nice guy in Texas. Bought a 99 Prowler.  Have wanted one for a long time. It is red. and really love it. Have been working on the 30 Pontiac and should be driving it next spring. May not have it painted but hope to have it far enough along to drive next season.
TOM :D

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Kctom1"The car show season is winding down here in the mid-west. Have one more to go and will have to look forward to next year. To bring things up to date. Have sold the 38 Ford to a real nice guy in Texas. Bought a 99 Prowler.  Have wanted one for a long time. It is red. and really love it. Have been working on the 30 Pontiac and should be driving it next spring. May not have it painted but hope to have it far enough along to drive next season.

WHAT  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  you know its funny that you posted tonight, I almost posted a where's kctom thread last night  :wink:

I don't believe it, you bought a Prowler  :cry:  I could hate you for that  :twisted:   I want one sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   orange would work for me, or a woodward edition or black t  :lol:

sirstude

Our season ended last weekend with an afternoon run in a small town about 30 miles from here.  One last time to overheat all the cars in a 1/2 mile parade that takes about an hour.  My left leg took 2 hours to get the feeling back in it after all that clutching.  It wouldn't be as much fun as the 5 speed, but an automatic sure would have made it more drivable.  Back to the garage until spring I guess.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

car stuff ending for 2004 ?

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sodbuster

Tom,
When is the last event in the KC area? I was just thinking about that the other day.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sodbuster"Tom,
When is the last event in the KC area? I was just thinking about that the other day.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

Chris, this coming weekend there are two good local shows.  Carthage Maple Leaf is on Saturday(usually about 500 cars) and the Rebels show at Miami, OK is Sunday(200-300 cars).  Cruise night at Joplin on Saturday night.  If you need more information, just ask.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

alchevy

Southern Cruisin'
We are still going strong down here in the South. I'm going to car shows each weekend in October. Then on November 5-7, I'll cruise up to Crossett, Arkansas to a car show put on by the Klassy Kruzers. This is a fun weekend at a car show put on by some of the nicest folks you will meet. The last two years, it's been almost cold enough to snow, but the cars still come out.

So, if you are not tired of car shows or out of money, come South for the cold months.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "Kctom1"The car show season is winding down here in the mid-west. Have one more to go and will have to look forward to next year. To bring things up to date. Have sold the 38 Ford to a real nice guy in Texas. Bought a 99 Prowler.  Have wanted one for a long time. It is red. and really love it. Have been working on the 30 Pontiac and should be driving it next spring. May not have it painted but hope to have it far enough along to drive next season.

I went for a ride today in the 32. I didnt make it out yesterday so tonite was the time to cruise. I did a little work on a couple things yesterday and needed a test run. I heard today there is a 90 mile cruise this saturday and i cant go :( Oh well im gonna get couple more rides in anyway before it gets wintery.. Then the next thing i guess is to fix my leaky axle seal ive still got one leaking then new brake shoes since they have rearend lube all over them and wait till i see everyone at autorama in february..
Dave :lol:

sport.

Hey Tom hows the Pontiac comming?Got nay recent pics?

Chad

Kctom

Quote from: "sport."Hey Tom hows the Pontiac comming?Got nay recent pics?

Chad

Welded in the top infill today. All the wood is out of it now. Will be working on it this winter.  Want to be able to drive it this spring. Can't seem to find my camera.  We has new carpet put in the house a couple weeks ago. Can't find where I put alot of stuff. Going to widen the rear fenders about 3 1/2" next week. will post a few pictures when the camera shows up.
TOM

Leon

Just got back from a show in Hawaii - some real good cars there!

Leon

Kctom

Quote from: "sodbuster"Tom,

Chris Nelson
Kansas

We will be going down to Carthage in the morning,  Have you even been to the cruz in Belton Mo. Some of the guys are comming back in the after noon to attend it. It is a really good one. I think this sat. is the last one of the year. Belton is south of Grandview on 71 hwy about 6 miles. Starts at 5 p.m. till about 9 or so.
TOM

alchevy

Went to a car show in Flowood, MS on Saturday. It's a car show put on by the Statewide Federal Credit Union and money raised goes to a children's hospital. Had 147 cars there and the weather was perfect! To see pictures, go to this link (http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/eventcover.htm) and click on Cruzin' for Kids.

Going to another car show this Saturday in Madison, MS. More pictures coming soon.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com