2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

^^^^
That looks like serious labor. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Yesterday, I decided I needed to make the bridge a couple feet longer, so we went back to Lowe's to get three more 2x6x12's and have them cut them down to 6'. Sorry, we can't cut treated lumber, it's too hard on our saw blades. WTF?  We were here two days ago and had eight of them cut. Well, he shouldn't have done it, it's company policy.  How many did you want cut? Three? No, can't do it. (Would they have done it if it was only one)? Should've taken my Makita saw.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Got to deer camp yesterday, drove through a little snow in the Lower Peninsula. Wook up to this at camp in the U.P.

Crosley.In.AZ

I am using my cell phone here. Weird for me.

We have moved into the Park model we have been rehabbing. Many details to finish yet. No internet service here yet. My wife ordered internet service 10 days ago. We have a service order number. No install date yet. So, the tv SAT system is not full function yet.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Sitting in a hotel room in New Jersey. Flying home tonight. Thinking about my schedule of Hotrod work this winter.  We only have one more trip planned this winter. It is nice to be able to travel again but it is not the same

When we flew into Newark Airport Friday we were parallel to the Hudson River and just barely visible was the ship I served on in the Navy. It is now a sea, air, and space museum. A fitting thing to happen the day after Vetrans Day
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Travel. Now theres a dream I'll never see. ::)

As a follow up to my last post... the vacuum cap was a step in the right direction, it seems. On top of the huffer, where vent door vacuum reservoir gets it's feed. Indicating a leak in the ridiculously routed supply line, the reservoir, or the solenoids.

I overheard a conversation segment this week which blew me away. The boundaries of sanity keep moving farther out so it should come as no suprise...

49 Merc truck owner was in other day. Cab all fixed, mud started. Chassis with rest of body sitting next to me and he and boss meandered that way for a spell. I heard the engine question resurface: Which is coolest?

New chassis was ordered with coyote mounts. Boss replies that cost-wise, with overdrive, the modern V8 which suits the intended usage and lies just beyond LS cost is coyote 5.0L. Yeah, but which is coolest? At this point I says to myself I says, Self... dress out an SBF nice, done. The 460 4 speed previously mentioned sounds cool but a 302 w/OD serves the multipurpose daily driver need fine. That probably won't do though.

Tuning back into the eavesdropping as they walked off, the owner repeats mention of a cammer. A 427. Wouldn't that be coolest? Again, Coyote is presented as the practical choice. And the last sentence heard just... well it made me (within reason) glad to be sanding...

Owner sez, sez he: Well, whatever it is, its going to have that 6V setup on top!

Gee whiz. Boss stuff must be hard. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Oh, and...

declared Grape unsafe until brakes are fixed. No sanity preservation tool, look out! :lol:
Matt

chimp koose

Getting ready to settle in . We have a bad snow storm starting .

idrivejunk

Uh-oh. Time for that stuff ain't it? It was around 80°F here today. Theres always that last warm snap mid-November in these parts.

The day is improving... had some ideas for my idea car idea. Version #1. The GM hodge-podge thing. 68-72 style. For whatever reason, I wondered what my 68 Malibu would be like if it had stayed and that got me thinking. :o

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Made a run to Tucson Arizona.. It was repair work on the RV from June 2021. A side panel was replaced. It was damaged when we purchased the RV. Now I get back in here to Sun City. And I discover they left the amber side marker  light off. Now I'm having trouble getting them to ship me the clearance light up here so I can reinstall it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Truck bed is all blasted and fenders are as ready as they are getting. Next step is going to be filling in the holes where the spare mounted and a few rust holes in the bed rails. The fender we purchased from California had 6 coats of paint on it, glad I blasted that since two of the coats were cracked up like an antique dresser. Hope to prime the parts this weekend.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave, the fenders look straight. Are they?
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Quote from: kb426 on November 17, 2021, 08:18:32 AM
Dave, the fenders look straight. Are they?

The one that was on the truck is, the one from California........ not so much.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

Somebody stole the cat converter and back exhaust from a co worker as her car was parked at work yesterday! She figures $1500 to replace . Car is barely worth that much.

idrivejunk

Is the bed for a '55? Dave. I still suck at names and rides but thought 55 Ford is you. Anyway, at work theres a 54 with 56 grille and backwards hood getting an aftermarket chassis, don't know the brand. My goodness, is that thing heavy! Way taller than the 51's. The weight of the bare frame required all hands. As we disbanded after uncrating it and placing it in the booth, I noticed it wasn't straight at a glance. Squatted to rifle sight it to confirm... daaang. Oh. Somebody pointed out that one front horn was resting on a 2x4. Well, OK but still dang just with less a's.  :)  The weight, I thought was comment-worthy. Stock Ford truck frame design must have taken a jump in 53. ???
Matt