2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Tony, you'll be in before the weather gets interesting. I'm curious to hear how you do living in a small space. One of my friends has parked his motor home and is doing the same thing in south Texas. He left saturday. I think he returns at Christmas. I'm anxious to hear his report. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

After my divorce in '95, I bought a 1960 mobile home parked on a lot in town. The home was 10x50, with maybe a 10x10 utility room, and a one car carport turned into a garage. Two 'bedrooms' and one bath. I used the smaller bedroom as my main, and used the larger one for a computer room. My queen mattress fit between the walls, and luckily had two sliding doors, one on each side of the bed, to access each side of the bed.  It served me well for almost 10 years for myself and an occasional guest spending a couple days.  That mhome needed a lot of work, though, being that old it needed constant upkeep.

Keep at it Tony.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Today I continued my ongoing work toward fixing the brakes on my 54 Chevy.  I tried a couple of brake bleeding experiments this morning with no improvement.  This afternoon I bought another set of disc brake pads for the front.  This time I bought the cheapest organic pads I could find.  After replacing the most expensive pads I ever bought with the cheapest I could find, I now have the best brakes that I have had for some time.  Tomorrow I plan to do a little more tweaking but I had to celebrate a little this evening.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

HI...  I think this old Park Model trailer is listed as 12 x 34 feet on owner title papers.  I have not put a tape to it. Its small.  Since we gutted most of the interior cept for walls...  We really opened the ol dog up some.  There is a 12 foot long x 2 foot wide bump out that was added to the living area years ago.  Very low end construction.  SHeetrock work makes my work look perfect. I fixed some of it, smoothed out other areas.  Its a happy medium with quality and "thats fine"

That said: the carpet guys arrived last week.  Carpet in bedroom only.  Laminate vinyl floor in remainder of unit.. I walked the carpet guy back to the bedroom. He looks at me & says: Small room.. Me:  Yep .

Fridge was delivered today.  Wife found it at Best Buy..  Side by side, no ice maker. No distribution center in the freezer door. She is very happy. It will be nice to have a real fridge again from the RV fridge in this toy hauler.

Likely we will sell this toy hauler. Sell . Trade. Bargain. Something.

8)  :arrow:  :idea:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

WZ JUNK congrats on finding a solution . Interesting about the pads . I tried white box pads on an old mini van years ago and could not get fronts to ever lock up . Poor mans ABS  :lol:

idrivejunk

WZ, that is great news. Brown wheels are a small fee to pay for brakes that whoa.

Had a power outage at the house last night, for about an hour. Fortunately I had nightly chores about wrapped up and only laundry was interrupted. Bedtime got pushed back two Dragnets.

Oh and I had to do the upside down thing again, my heater box's driver side actuator stub turned itself back to cold while driving yesterday. I put it back. If it does it again, I'll have to make something to hold it or modify the broke actuator to and hang it back on there unplugged with it in heat position. The other side stays put by itself but requires pliers to turn. Thats why actuators break, that and they are plastic over metal crap to begin with.
Matt

chimp koose

IDJ in my 98 ranger I moved the flapper over to heat and sunk a screw into the duct to keep it there ! I can move the flapper back and forth through a hole I cut in the duct that I close up with ......duct tape . There must be an award for using the tape for its intended purpose ,no ? :lol:

idrivejunk

Quote from: chimp koose on November 02, 2021, 08:57:39 AM
IDJ in my 98 ranger I moved the flapper over to heat and sunk a * into the duct to keep it there ! I can move the flapper back and forth through a hole I cut in the duct that I close up with ......duct tape . There must be an award for using the tape for its intended purpose ,no ? :lol:

Definitely some extra points there! I sure wish I could drive an old car daily, they are far more sensibly constructed. After I work this out I gotta find how to get heat to floor and defrost ducts instead of dash only. Maybe that will fix other stuff too, I've lost .2 MPG and hear what sounds like a boost leak. Idle a little grumbly too. Could be a vaccum leak.
Matt

WZ JUNK

I tinkered some more with the brakes on the 54 Chevy today. The freeplay on the pedal needed fine tuning and the shoes on the rear wheels needed to be adjusted out more.  I am on a roll but I do not want to get the big head just yet.  Now I can slide tires on asphalt for maybe the first time ever.  The left rear wheel is not braking as hard as it should but I will adjust it again tomorrow.  :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

It's been too cold, to dark and too wet outside so I had to make a new plan for blasting the parts on Vickie's truck. I se up an old canopy in my shop and blasted some running board this past weekend. Learned That it made to much of a mess in my shop so last night I moved the blasting room to the open area of my pole barn, and hooked up a shop vac from the top to suck up the dust.
MUCH better. and the shop is still clean. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave, I'm glad you have that figured out. Being limited to the outdoors certainly limits the days for that job. How often do you have to clean the shop vac?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

We went to the Lawyer today to update our wills. About time, it's been over 35 years. Yesterday I bought another XJ6 to part out. Wrecked California car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Quote from: kb426 on November 03, 2021, 06:32:08 PM
Dave, I'm glad you have that figured out. Being limited to the outdoors certainly limits the days for that job. How often do you have to clean the shop vac?

I will look at it tonight and let you know. I only ran it for an hour and it is high enough that it should only grab the dust no the sand. Fingers crossed it works as planned.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

I just ordered fittings and hose to connect the ps and hydroboost. None of the local supplies have hose or fittings. Then I found out that few had any inventory. Summit had enough to fill my order. One more shortage. :)
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Quote from: kb426 on November 03, 2021, 06:32:08 PMHow often do you have to clean the shop vac?

Shop vac was nearly empty. All the sand is still on the floor so I can sweep it up, sift it and run it again.

Patched the big rusted out area on the right rear fender last night, one of the previous owners had welded the running board to the fender to fix it.   ???