2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I'm on a big push to get this trailer rehab project list finished..  Working on upper kitchen cabinets install now. I closed off a small window this morning. Sheet rock over it. First coat of mud on it.

That is one of the ongoing things that slow me down. We change our mind or add to the list. We did it on cabinets, thermostat relocation, window removal, noise reduction on the main sewer line.

Over the weekend, I wrapped this adhesive insulation around the 3 inch main sewer pipe. Material was very lite, but it really reduced the water flow noise after the toilet flush. I also installed the gray foam form fit insulation to the pex water lines I installed 2 weeks ago.

2 Weeks ago I decided to remove a door to a small closet and finish the opening with sheet rock. When the door was open is was in the way.. Yesterday my wife says:" can we remove that small window inside and just leave the outside frame and glass in place?"  The small window looks like it was installed when a window sized ac unit was removed. 

So basically we slow ourselves down with change orders..  ::)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Its a process. I know you guys are on the edge of yur seats.  :lol:

Upper kitchen cabinets are done. 220v line ran under the trailer up the wall for the electric range to replace the propane range.  Thermostat relocation functions. Small window sheet rock is finished. I found my missing lineman pliers under the trailer.  :roll:

Today I will patch the hole for electric box install for the range.. Then plumbing hook up for the shower drain.  THen shower fiberglas wall panels install.
Tony

Bruce Dorsi

Tony:

Did you encounter any scorpions or snakes under the trailer, or don't they hang out there?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

The shower drain really gets me going. LOL.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: Bruce Dorsi on October 21, 2021, 06:22:42 PM
Tony:

Did you encounter any scorpions or snakes under the trailer, or don't they hang out there?

A few spiders is all I have seen.  I wear a tyvek full cover paint suit I picked up at Home Depot.

Shower drain is hooked up. There was a glitch, had to road trip for parts at the Home Depot from He**..  That Home Depot is fine. Traffic in & out of the area is a nightmare. Very heavy. Store is very busy. Oh well?

I fixed the wall board around the stove outlet. Started repairs on the wall in the bedroom where I drilled thru the floor and wall bottom to route the 6-3 w-grnd wire to the service panel.  I moved the hole saw over less than 1 inch from underside and I got the wall in the bedroom.  No photos, sorry. I was so po'd at myself.  Another "oh well"

Tomorrow:  I will install the wall panel sections of the shower stall. No holes need drilled on this.  :lol: :roll:

Today could have been more productive at O&S southwest...
Tony

58 Yeoman

Went to the VA this morning for a 7am appointment for having my hearing checked and hearing aids adjusted. Had to get up at 4:30am to be there by 7. He made some adjustments and they seem to be helping better now. They really are a PIA.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on October 21, 2021, 10:17:33 PM
Went to the VA this morning for a 7am appointment for having my hearing checked and hearing aids adjusted. Had to get up at 4:30am to be there by 7. He made some adjustments and they seem to be helping better now. They really are a PIA.

I am down to one working hearing aid. I need new ones.

A friend bought some at Costco recently. He raves about them , yet I have to repeat myself often to him? His wife does not think they are any better than the 8 yr olde units he replaced. These new ones are DIY adjustable via a phone app bluetooth
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: Crosley on October 22, 2021, 08:20:47 AM
Quote from: 58 Yeoman on October 21, 2021, 10:17:33 PM

I am down to one working hearing aid. I need new ones.

A friend bought some at Costco recently. He raves about them , yet I have to repeat myself often to him? His wife does not think they are any better than the 8 yr olde units he replaced. These new ones are DIY adjustable via a phone app bluetooth

I went to the Dr about a month ago complaining about my hearing. I was completely deaf in my left ear.  He removed a piece of impacted wax from that ear the size of a kidney bean. Now it works much better. My mother had the same problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

The VA has approved hearing aids for me.  I really think that the problem is people I am around speak to softly. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I ordered a 4500 watt generator for electrical outages today. That's enough to run the essentials in extended power outages. I've only run a generator twice in decades in this house. I think by getting a larger unit that I will not ever need it. :) The longest I remember being without power was around 24 hours. In the winter that might not be to good. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: kb426 on October 22, 2021, 05:51:47 PM
I ordered a 4500 watt generator for electrical outages today. That's enough to run the essentials in extended power outages. I've only run a generator twice in decades in this house. I think by getting a larger unit that I will not ever need it. :) The longest I remember being without power was around 24 hours. In the winter that might not be to good. :)

I bought mine many years ago. My wife said to me one morning that the weatherman says we are going to get an ice storm.   Maybe you should see about a generator.  Good advice from her as we were without power for 5 days.

Now I want one that is fueled from my propane tank and is automatic.  I am getting lazier.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

Cleaned and painted the rear end on the roadster . Then I welded in a seat brace . Proceeded to paint the lower tubes of the drivers area . Tomorrow I will re do the floor and seat in the car and then paint the rest of the chassis . I somehow managed to use a can of flat black on some of the tubes so I will have to go over them again with gloss . I really would like to get this thing finished and sold . Then I can get back to the coupe !

idrivejunk

Get after it, CK! :)

Warm today. Storms tomorrow. I repositioned a storm-skewed downspout on the gutters then did GTP stuff. Tip o' the iceberg only. Oil n filter change, 295K miles. Walked out of store with 10-40W instead of 30 but was draining before I noticed and figured that won't kill it in this climate and will be ready to come out at the three century mark. Huffed in disgust at the already full used oil pail. Chased a cat out of the garage, picked a grasshopper from like August out of the grille. Zip tied about a year or two old headlight cage thing that the adjuster done slipped out of. Topped off the PSF, thats a weekly now. Gave the cone filter a blowout and oil spritz, then let the glovebox down to flip the passenger actuator stub on the heater box to the warm position with rusty pliers.

For that last part I backed it out. So that makes this a Grand Three. Had all three out already and am fixin to jump in The Loud One for a Saturday night level dose of retro. 8) Yep.
Matt

chimp koose

Painted the roadster frame and got most of the seat back in. I have a problem with my hands and it showed itself today as I am now having trouble using the rivet gun . Got the rear end back in . Seat bottom and shock mounts to make tomorrow.

kb426

I spent hours this morning cleaning up in the shop. I can now find a spot on the work bench to work from.
TEAM SMART