2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Congratulations :-\, I think...... Are your regretting selling it already?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Did you pile all the cash in the middle of the living room so you could lay down and just roll around in it? :)
Matt

kb426

Dave and Matt, no regrets on selling. It took me 4 years to do that project. Everyone I do is better than the one before so there is the desire to keep going. The "pile of money" isn't large enough for anything other than a newborn to roll around in. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Well, you'll have a freshy for next season.  8)  Keep on truckin'  :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

My folks saw one of my ex-rides other day. That one was very dear to my heart, bro and I shared it for 22 years before I was forced to sell. That buff primer job is from like 2008 so it must be garaged. I am reassured that it went to a good home.  :)

Matt

chimp koose

went to a swap meet today . Place was not as busy as I would have thought . No vaccine meant no attend . I found reflectors for the headlight buckets for my T coupe . They were still wrapped in paper as I believe they were freshly silver plated , probably many years ago and never used . I also bought another quadrajet carb for the parts collection . I was looking for 15x10 aluminum wheels to mount up some slicks but there were none there. That has got to be a first!

58 Yeoman

I sold the chrome reverse wheels from the Galaxie, now just have the tires to sell.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

We have floor stuff scheduled.. A vinyl laminate type product on the whole floor cept for carpet in the bedroom area.  Guy was out saturday. He says they can barely keep up. They have inventory because the owner bought a large amount of common product when the pandemic was first getting bad.

Neighbor came over sunday.. he saw the flooring guy at our place saturday. The neighbor wanted to warn me about carpet use because of the "different dirt" out here. I asked: Dirt is different in Sun City? He said the dirt is different in Arizona. So I told him I am a native to Arizona, I have lived here since 1954.  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: Crosley on October 11, 2021, 08:25:20 AM
The neighbor wanted to warn me about carpet use because of the "different dirt" out here. I asked: Dirt is different in Sun City? He said the dirt is different in Arizona. So I told him I am a native to Arizona, I have lived here since 1954.  :lol:

Maybe covid lives in Arizona dirt, as well as in the Arizona air ???   :shock:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: Bruce Dorsi on October 11, 2021, 08:47:34 AM
The neighbor wanted to warn me about carpet use because of the "different dirt" out here. I asked: Dirt is different in Sun City? He said the dirt is different in Arizona. So I told him I am a native to Arizona, I have lived here since 1954.  :lol:

I've heard for years that valley fever is caused by AZ dirt or in the dirt in Arizona desert. Also been told by doctors the dirt story is false.  LOL

We are new to this rv resort place. It seems I am a rare item here being a native of Arizona.  :shock:  Maybe I can sell autographs for some cash?

8)
Tony

kb426

I had a friend who wintered out there that got valley fever. His doctor told him that it was caused by bacteria left from the cattle trails. He was told that the locals build up immunity from living there and it was usually the outsiders that got it. He rode 4 wheelers in the desert. It damaged his lungs so that he couldn't play at high elevations after that.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

My wife is having problems with one of her legs, so she left a message with her doctor to call. Didn't call. She called twice and got a run around. The office said to go to the ER. We did. We waited an hour before even getting called in. Anyway, we were done and walked out four hours later. She got good news, though. I said I would take her out for dinner at a local steak house.  We really like rib eyes, but guess what? They were out, and there were only about 5 cars in the parking lot (Texas Roadhouse lot was full). Ok, we'll have New York Strip, but not as good. I could see on one of the tv's local weather, but it was too far away to make it out. One tv near us was off, and when a mgr. walked by, we asked if he could turn on the weather channel. Sorry, that tv doesn't work. Geez.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: Bruce Dorsi on October 11, 2021, 08:47:34 AM

We had the next door neighbor drop over yesterday to introduce herself.  She is from Iowa, a window. Her husband died in february. She was opposite of the other neighbor. She wanted to see the inside of the trailer, talked up a storm. Nice gal. Her sister lives in the unit next to her.  She did not mention the virus or dirt.

8)
Tony

kb426

In case you haven't seen this, it's pretty good. It's 27 minutes long
TEAM SMART

416Ford

The first car that came on the screen was built here in west Michigan by Gas Axe garage. Beautiful car.   Same with the car at the 4:44 mark.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.