stump the chump

Started by WZ JUNK, June 02, 2020, 03:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

A friend of mine came by with this piece that he picked up from the sandblaster.  He is redoing an AD Chevrolet truck.  He wanted to know where it goes.  It is about 34" long.  I looked it over and made some guesses but I can not say for sure.  I would appreciate some help.  The guy is my insurance agent and I want to keep him happy.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chris spokes

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"A friend of mine came by with this piece that he picked up from the sandblaster.  He is redoing an AD Chevrolet truck.  He wanted to know where it goes.  It is about 34" long.  I looked it over and made some guesses but I can not say for sure.  I would appreciate some help.  The guy is my insurance agent and I want to keep him happy.

could it be an upper rad support /tie bar ? what year
he who has the most toys wins

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "chris spokes"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"A friend of mine came by with this piece that he picked up from the sandblaster.  He is redoing an AD Chevrolet truck.  He wanted to know where it goes.  It is about 34" long.  I looked it over and made some guesses but I can not say for sure.  I would appreciate some help.  The guy is my insurance agent and I want to keep him happy.

could it be an upper rad support /tie bar ? what year

I though that too at first, but he already has that piece in his.  Thanks
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

lofat46

I know nothing about these trucks, so this is a wild guess. Could it be some sort of support for the grill?  It sort of looks like it follows the shape of the grill bars on the late '40's early '50's trucks.

enjenjo

I looked over the 54 in my shop and didn't see anything that looks like that. Does it happen to be a GMC?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"I looked over the 54 in my shop and didn't see anything that looks like that. Does it happen to be a GMC?

No, not a GMC.  I think someone threw in an extra piece just to make things interesting.  I found out after posting that he purchased the vehicle disassembled.  This is his first experience with this kind of vehicle and he is having some fun putting the puzzle together.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

That's not an AD truck or a 48-52 Ford. It's not 55 -79 Ford either. Obviously, I have no idea what it is. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Doodad , thingamajig , whatchamacallit , doohickey , whachamajigger , :lol:

416Ford

With a hammer, torch and welder it can be anything you want it to be. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Charlie Chops 1940

I've got up close and personal with a few of those trucks and it doesn't jump out as an AD part.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

I am going to say that the mystery is unsolvable at this time.  The owner of this very rare part is setting it aside for now, and we can all feel free to move on.  Someday one of us will walk through a swap meet and there will be another one, just like this, with a tag on it, giving its original name an application.  Until then we will just let ours slowing die in cyberland.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck