bad news

Started by enjenjo, May 22, 2020, 02:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Rest In Peace Bob.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

416Ford

This is kinda hard for me to post on. I really enjoy all the great time spent shooting the crap with Bob. I looked forward to see the whole group each year in Kzoo and told my club member that I will not be joining them but joining the RRT group. Bob was one of the great people who make hotrodding such a great hobby.
If your reading this Cathy, Vickie and I hope to see you still at the get togethers and we are truly sorry for your loos.
We wish you, your family and all our condolences.
Dave W.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

rumrumm

I've been off the site for a few days so I just heard. Sad! Rest in peace, Bob. You were one of the good guys.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Ohio Blue Tip

Nice full page article in the Sept.  Street Scene by Bob's son.
We will miss Bob a lot, don't think I've been to Kalamazoo without him.
RIP
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Crosley.In.AZ

I still miss ol Bob's posts here.   Actually I miss many of the guys that have crossed over the hotrod bridge.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

37 FORDGE

Quote from: "lofat46"I just received a message from Bob's son. They will be having a memorial service later in the summer or fall. RIP my friend, and thank you for sharing some of your time with me.

Team RRT.  Due to COVID-19 my Mom, Cathy Voegtle, and I are planning dad's "remembrance of life celebration" likely for some time next spring...  Northern IL is just to much of a risk at this time.  We want his event to be a fun, well attended event, but most of all a safe event.  Stay tuned for more updates.  

I'll do my best to try and update here, and likely on the "When Street Was Neat" FaceBook group too.  Not sure where else we'll advertise the event, but I'll do my best to get the word out to all.

enjenjo

Thanks for the heads up. I think of your dad quite often.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Thanks for the update. Hope everyone is doing well. Your dad comes up in conversation often and in a good way. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Arnold

I have oft repeated one of Bob's jokes/remarks(out here).BECAUSE :!: it pretty much always gives whoever hears it a good laugh. I have ALWAYS given Bob..as one of us here RRT..credit.

This is 100% true. Nothing added or taken away.

One day I put a 3 Stooges dvd in my laptop.
  That was the END of that laptop.

I posted it here.

Bob responds.." Any Nyuk Nyuk sounds?"

I do not think? I posted a follow up. I am pretty computer illiterate. The laptop goes in to see what happened. I tell the expert just what happened..he TOO OF COURSE laughs. Then he asks what really happened :roll:

He has it for a bit and has NO IDEA :lol: what happened to it..
   I had to buy a new laptop.

37 FORDGE

My mom, Cathy Voegtle, and I will both be at Nats North in a few weeks.  She's driving the '40 Olds, and I'm heading up that way from the St Louis Metro East area.  She and I talked, and we really hope to see all my dad's Rodding Roundtable friends up at K'Zoo.  I'd love to hear/swap stories/memories about "UglyOlds"  !

Cheers,
Henry Voegtle

enjenjo

I am planning on being there Saturday, but no car. That may change though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Ohio Blue Tip

We will be there all weekend.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

416Ford

My wife and I will be there all weekend.