The NEW SBC ????

Started by Bruce Dorsi, May 11, 2020, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

Good concept. That will appeal to many people. Me, not so much. :)
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Might have to dig out some baseball cards to stick in the wheel spokes...vrooom :roll:
George

chimp koose

Not ready for that yet , but when I am I dont think I would want to hide it .

Charlie Chops 1940

That's interesting...would make a dandy zip-code rod. One would have to have a good set of speakers to play an sbc tape to make it pass as a REAL car.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chimp koose

exhaust and fuel lines would be leak free for sure ! I would do that to an early center door T but I dont think I would go to the trouble to hide it . I would need to live past 100 to have the time to get to that project it seems.

jaybee

I like the idea of a motor that's designed to be attractive and bolt in place of a V8, not so convinced having it masquerade as an actual V8 is the solution.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

I think the hiding it with the sbc cloak would be to avoid the ridicule from the 'traditional ' guys . Hot rods are just that , old cars with new technology , or should I say newer technology . I dont care if its a riding mower with a mazda rotary , you just made it a hot rod or at least 'hot rodded' it . I would not hide the fact if I put an electric motor in an old car, if someone didn't like it then don't build yours this way . The guy that might want to hang around and ask about it would be a like minded person , interested in how it works or was built . Don't get me wrong , I love internal combustion , methanol is my favorite fuel . I love the sound of a burly engine , but I wonder , as we start to drive silently on electric and miss the thunder , how many from long ago , missed the sound of hoof beats and jingling tack as they thundered down the road .