New project

Started by enjenjo, September 30, 2004, 11:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I started on another project today, a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup.  I need a few pieces if you can come up with them. A rear bumper and apron, a car bumper would suit my purposes, hood hinge parts, the springs and front links specifically, decent running boards, same as a Dictator car, and rear fender braces. Any tips will be appreciated.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Sean

Quote from: "enjenjo"I started on another project today, a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup.  

No Pictures?

Sean

Look like one of these? The White one said "Coupe Express", the Blue one just said "Pickup". Whats the difference?

GPster

I think the last year that Studebaker used the model designation Dictator was 1937 ( because of Hitler and Mussaleni) , Back in '37 the differences between the Dictator and the Prsident  was in the length of the hood and front fenders because of the engines (six or straight eight). For running boards and the other pieces you need  you might look at anything for a '39 maybe even back to '37 and not be model specific. Got to get ready to go to Fort Wayne. GPster

moondisc

Was Stude ahead of their time or what?
I'll keep my eyes open Frank.

awsum34

The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

GPster

Now that I've been well fed and back home, what are the plans for this vehicle? I started to build a '37 Dictator one time and was particularly scared by the length of the stock 6 cylinder. If I recall it was only 26 1/2" from fan to bellhousing. It seemed like there was so much sheetmetal that hung from the radiator support that the best way to get room would be to recess the firewall. Because a straight 6 didn't reguire much width, that looked like it would be a massive undertaking so I was going with an Olds V6. Of course options have increased since 1979 and what the owner wants is a main consideration but if you were going to do much front suspension changing I'd see about using President front sheetmetal and lengthing the wheelbase to coinside. The straight 8 engine room might give you a little more length to work with. Might still need a "Nailhead Buick" to get the width. GPster

enjenjo

At this point he is keeping the stock drivetrain, just electrical upgrades, and some minor tweaks. Maybe a repower later.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.