Pantera job

Started by idrivejunk, May 28, 2019, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Matt

crdnblu

Matt.....You prove one thing: to the person with the skills, come the tough projects.   Additionally, this might possibly help with the Pantera, to be passed on to the owner after completion of your work:

https://www.ebay.com/i/382854568512?chn=ps

enjenjo

There was a shop in Wauseon near here that specialized in Panteras. It ran from about 1980 to 2000 but I guess there wasn't enough business to keep them going.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I am just glad you guys aren't asking me to explain yesterday's pics. The 'splaination would be long-winded. :roll:

I thrive on hard stuff but it ain't easy. :lol:
Matt

jaybee

I love those things. As exotics go they were pretty cheap for quite a while, but they've jumped a bunch in price over the past few years.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "jaybee"I love those things. As exotics go they were pretty cheap for quite a while, but they've jumped a bunch in price over the past few years.

My passion for all things Italian stops at the pizza place (waitresses)  :lol:

But I heard the Model A guy ask if it was for sale. He and his friend with the yellow 68 Camaro just bought a pair of unused Demons to flip, so I reckon they are catching collectors's eyes. I am real glad that this one is in relatively very nice condition, rust-wise. A lot of the cream puff desirable rides found are ones that were damaged and set aside for a time. I didn't look at the odometer. In 1992 I bought a 70 Skylark Custom with 40 or 60K miles on it because it had sat after being sideswiped on the A pillar, for example. Nice clean low miles and not rusty. :)

I hear Panteras are fairly rust prone. Single wall fenders with no wheelwell liners could be a big part of that. The metal is pretty thin but seems like nice quality steel. Fox Mustang metal isn't as workable and responsive to straightening techniques as this but its about the same thickness, if that makes sense. :?
Matt

jaybee

You're right, Panteras have a reputation for rust. All Italian cars, really. Road & Track Magazine once said every driving enthusiast should at some point own a Fiat for the first 15,000 miles of its life...then ditch it immediately after that. The comment had as much to do with rust as it did with their legendary unreliability.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chris spokes

looking good matt  8)
he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Thank you sir.  8)  

Matt

idrivejunk

I plan to move the front of the side of this corner inward when making the top part of the fender outer corner patch.

Matt

chimp koose

Man ,you gotta do a book !