Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

Started by Bob K, September 30, 2004, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

36couper

Bob.........you know I wish I was traveling with you guys. If I could only spare the time and money....

HotRodLadyCrusr

I too would like to wish you not only good luck but safe travels as well.  Remember, if you need assistance, day or nite, don't hesitate to call and I'll send out the troops to help.

Have fun bud![/b]
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Leaving Sat. for the Ego-thingie. Gonna do battle with all of them V8's.
Thanks again for all of the nice words and all of the support. It wouldn't have happened without you folks.

B :b-d: B

Good Luck Bob.  If you have a chance, let us know how things are going.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Cword

Giver Bob!

I'm sure you can have more fun at this event than anyone else!

mike
--

48builder

Good luck! What an honor. Have a great time!
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Dave

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Leaving Sat. for the Ego-thingie. Gonna do battle with all of them V8's.
Thanks again for all of the nice words and all of the support. It wouldn't have happened without you folks.

Good Luck BoB...................
Dave

Bob K

Here we are in Beautiful Downtown Rawlins Wy. Had a great afternoon with the Tman in Rapid  and Carla joined us for dinner, did a lolt of touristy stuff. This morning we did the Black Hills thing Crazy Horse, Rushmore, Wind Cave. Saw Turkey's , Big Horn Sheep, Burrows(some of them looked familiar) Buffalo, Mule Deer, Whitetail, a million Antolope, and ten Billion Prarie Dogs. Only made 300 miles today but we had the top down  and had a great time.

Bob & Dan
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Thanks for the update.  That's nice territory for cruising and it sounds like you're having fun.  I'm jealous. :wink:
You say some of the burrows looked familiar......did the younguns have grey beards and a beer belly like you??  Musta ben dat drunk nite you went burrow tippin' wit Sven and Oly in Fargo dat time :shock:
George

Anonymous

we  did the tourist deal through there in 1995.  Looking forward to doing it again in 2005 if posible.

take care and have fun!

8)

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Here we are in Beautiful Downtown Rawlins Wy. Had a great afternoon with the Tman in Rapid  and Carla joined us for dinner, did a lolt of touristy stuff. This morning we did the Black Hills thing Crazy Horse, Rushmore, Wind Cave. Saw Turkey's , Big Horn Sheep, Burrows(some of them looked familiar) Buffalo, Mule Deer, Whitetail, a million Antolope, and ten Billion Prarie Dogs. Only made 300 miles today but we had the top down  and had a great time.

Bob & Dan

slocrow

Thanks for the updates Bob. Keep um coming so we can all trail along vicariously. Good luck and above all enjoy.....xroome
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

OFOF

Just a little update on Bob and Dan's magnifident journey.  They spent yesterday afternoon in my shop washing the car, changing metering rods in the carb, reseting the timing, stopping a leak in the trans cooler line, breaking the left vent window and, oh yeah, Bob had a little problem with his Jeans :oops:   Bob and Dan took advantage of our invite and joined us at the Stags Car Club weekly meeting.  I have to hand it to him, he can take as good as he can dish out.  That tells you a little about how formal (?) our meetings are.  They left Ogden this morning and as of about 15 minutes ago were in Auburn California.  Bob sounded tired but was sure that they would make it to Livermore tonight.  He is going to have his car pin striped tomorrow morning.  By the way, if any of you are in the Ogden, Utah area on a Tuesday night you are welcome to join the Stags at our weekly meeting.  Yep, we have met every Tuesday night (except holidays) since 1957.
Bob will update us as soon as he gets to the hotel and rests a little.

Don.
Don Palfreyman

Bob K

Quote from: "OFOF"

Just a little update on Bob and Dan's magnifident journey.  They spent yesterday afternoon in my shop washing the car, changing metering rods in the carb, reseting the timing, stopping a leak in the trans cooler line, breaking the left vent window and, oh yeah, Bob had a little problem with his Jeans :oops:   Bob and Dan took advantage of our invite and joined us at the Stags Car Club weekly meeting.  I have to hand it to him, he can take as good as he can dish out.  That tells you a little about how formal (?) our meetings are.  They left Ogden this morning and as of about 15 minutes ago were in Auburn California.  Bob sounded tired but was sure that they would make it to Livermore tonight.  He is going to have his car pin striped tomorrow morning.  By the way, if any of you are in the Ogden, Utah area on a Tuesday night you are welcome to join the Stags at our weekly meeting.  Yep, we have met every Tuesday night (except holidays) since 1957.

Don.

Hi all: Livermore Ca. named after some dude who had cisoris of the livermore. Got here at 4:30 local time. Micky the Lurker said that  it would take us 10 hours to get to Reno. Called him from Tahoe which we made in 9 hours. Thanks to my copilot Dan and the adjustments to the timing and the leaner metering rods, it now goes up hills and we got 20MPG (that's for you Charlie). Ran 75 all the way except the up the hills.

Just got back from a little garage crawl over to Samiyam's place, drd57  is there, Dan and I and Herb (The Line Dr.) Martinez went over to suck some suds and tell some lies. We done both real good.

Tomorrow gonna get the vent window replaced and Herb is gonna lay some Tommy The Greek style lines on the Vert.  Then we go to see Arlen Ness and on to the start of the Ego- thingy at Roy Brizio's shop and to dinner and then a tour of Sanderson Headers.

More tomorrow, and No we are not gonna talk about the Jeans thing.

Later

Bob and Dan
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

phat rat

Quote from: "Faat Rod"
Quote from: "OFOF"

Don.

Hi all: Livermore Ca. named after some dude who had cisoris of the livermore. Got here at 4:30 local time. Micky the Lurker said that  it would take us 10 hours to get to Reno. Called him from Tahoe which we made in 9 hours. Thanks to my copilot Dan and the adjustments to the timing and the leaner metering rods, it now goes up hills and we got 20MPG (that's for you Charlie). Ran 75 all the way except the up the hills.

Just got back from a little garage crawl over to Samiyam's place, drd57  is there, Dan and I and Herb (The Line Dr.) Martinez went over to suck some suds and tell some lies. We done both real good.

Tomorrow gonna get the vent window replaced and Herb is gonna lay some Tommy The Greek style lines on the Vert.  Then we go to see Arlen Ness and on to the start of the Ego- thingy at Roy Brizio's shop and to dinner and then a tour of Sanderson Headers.

More tomorrow, and No we are not gonna talk about the Jeans thing.

Later

Bob and Dan

:lol:  :lol: Does this mean your getting too big for your  :lol:  :lol: britches? :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"
:lol:  :lol: Does this mean your getting too big for your  :lol:  :lol: britches? :lol:  :lol:

I'm guessing more like, how can this be said tactfully, a wardrobe malfunction caused by quick internal product corrosion, forming a semisolid noxious hot fluid that uses methane for a supercharged propellant.
Think BOB (Blowout Out Bob) :lol:
Now that's a picture of sporadic humor.........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "phat rat"

I'm guessing more like, how can this be said tactfully, a wardrobe malfunction caused by quick internal product corrosion, forming a semisolid noxious hot fluid that uses methane for a supercharged propellant.
Think BOB (Blowout Out Bob) :lol:
Now that's a picture of sporadic humor.........

Wow!  Talk a little slower, I had to look up most of them there words! :roll:  :roll:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken