need a part number for drums on maverik 8" diff

Started by chimp koose, July 17, 2018, 07:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Like the title says , I need a part # for rear drums for a 5 bolt 8" maverick diff . Took a pair of 4 bolt drums from a mustang II, new in box back for an exchange at NAPA today and we couldn't find a listing for the drums needed . Who makes drums for this diff ?

UGLY OLDS

Rock Auto shows RAYBESTOS # 2667R  for a '74 Maverick ---5 bolt drum for a 302 powered application .....

I have a pair of new drums in storage for the 8" in my "A"..I will get the part # off the boxes later today & advise ...

Bob... :wink:

The info on my new 8" drums :

Bendix part # PD0127   .....This is for 10" X 1.750" 5 bolt brakes on a '74 Maverick 8" axle....

Other numbers listed on the box :
    202930....102623...8193...  I don't know what these numbers are for ......

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Canuck

Rear Drums –  Wagner BD60543  (80 Ford F150 Ranger 10" rear brake, 2.775" center hole, car bolt pattern), sourced from Piston Ring in Winnipeg.

Fits a 74 Maverick, might be a very slight rub on lip of backing plate easily taken down with a touch from a grinder.  

These drums are a fraction of the price of the replacement drums for the Maverick with the 2.775 center hole.

Watch out for the center hole diameter as Ford used two different ones in that era.
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

chimp koose

I measured one of my mav axles and it was the 2.43 size hole . I have the right ones. thanks for digging out part numbers. this site is a load of help . and laughs.