Sign of the times..

Started by Arnold, June 14, 2018, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

I remember when there were really no metric sockets(tools). No need. It wasn`t that long before I realized that WHEN I lost broke them it was cheaper if I waited until I was missing a few to just wait until they went on sale again and bought another set. I THINK that there are a few in  the lake where I parked my boats. I bought good stuff,lifetime warranty etc. I bought a LOT!! :oops:  :lol: of socket sets. Every now and again I would combine the odd ones into ANOTHER set. I have lots of socket sets everywhere :lol:

Doing yet another clean up..I figured which sockets I would need to make up some more sets and replace lost ones.

Sale time..went and bought another set. 3 8 drive..sae and metric. Nice case.

Actually took a while to sink in :oops: metric 10-20mm sae..SAE  :evil: NO 3 8,7 16,1 2,9 16 sockets. There was a 5 8,11 16,3 4 sae.

I never even bothered to look..or at the case..BEFORE I bought them.. Just WHAT :evil: kind of socket set would not have the above.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: ArnoldI remember when there were really no metric sockets(tools). No need. It wasn`t that long before I realized that WHEN I lost broke them it was cheaper if I waited until I was missing a few to just wait until they went on sale again and bought another set. I THINK that there are a few in  the lake where I parked my boats. I bought good stuff,lifetime warranty etc. I bought a LOT!! :oops:  :lol: of socket sets. Every now and again I would combine the odd ones into ANOTHER set. I have lots of socket sets everywhere :lol:

Actually took a while to sink in :oops: metric 10-20mm sae..SAE  :evil: NO 3 8,7 16,1 2,9 16 sockets. There was a 5 8,11 16,3 4 sae.
Gee Arnold ...You said it took awhile to "sink in"....  :?  :?

Are these tools only used around boats  :?:  :roll:    Did you ever think about fishing in that area with a magnet  :idea:  :shock:
Prolly LOTS cheaper than buying new tools all the time ....  Maybe tie a piece of string to them   :idea:    How about little-bitty floatation devices  :?:  :idea:

Just tryin' to help...... :?  8)  8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

But, isn't it kind of funny that metric sockets use sae drives; 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

if God wanted the world metric , Jesus would have had 10 desciple4s . I rest my case .

idrivejunk

That must be a tric me socket set. :?
Matt

kb426

C.K., that was good. LOL
TEAM SMART