How big is your gas tank on your hot rod?

Started by chimp koose, May 03, 2018, 12:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

C.K. that 91 F150 I took apart on the last project had switching valves on it but it did have dual pumps. That generation of efi is a return style system that would be compatible with most of the aftermarket systems. The salvage yard might provide the checkvalves and the switch to make it economical. I threw that stuff away because I didn't think I'd ever have a use for it.  :oops:
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

you can do it by running two pumps, one in each tank. Then you need a 6 port selector valve like this. Make sure the valve you use is rated for EFI pressures. Then you need a double throw triple pole switch with on off on positions. In one on position you use one circuit to run the fuel pump, the next pole runs the fuel gauge, and the third pole runs the fuel selector switch, all on the same tank. Then the other tank will be wired to the other on position, but you won't need the third pole as the selector vale only needs to be powered for one side, the other side is the default position. The off position can be used as a theft deterrent.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteHere is a handy-dandy tank "figurer-outer thingie" I found ........

You mean you didn't remember from high school?

The "Highest" I made it was the second floor ..... :roll:

The school of Hard Knocks has many-many campuses..... :?

The school colors are Black & Blue..... :shock:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****