A Way Back View

Started by enjenjo, November 19, 2017, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "phat46"And the guy that would put your name on a piece of paper and put it in a shoebox in his closet if he didn't like you! Bill, I think 🤣
I'll bet he had Germ's name in that shoebox. Remember him?

Yeah, wonder if he's still even alive....🤔

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I think my name is in that shoe box too. :D

Are you the one that finally pushed him over the edge!? 🤣

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "chimp koose"I just had occasion to recall my joining team smart . Picking up an engine out of the back of a truck. For whatever reason I moved some bolts around and then proceeded to lift the engine ....with the bolts finger tight ! BAM engine on the floor , flattened oil pan . No problem , was going to use a different one anyways . OOPS broken balancer , no problem was going to use an SFI one anyways . #@%$ the end of the crank is broken off , problem ! This engine was a "rebuilt " from a van with about 5000 miles on it . When I opened it up it was a rebuilt  , with 30,000 miles on the clock and maybe 1 oil change . Spent a couple thousand on a $100 smoking deal small block . Silver lining to the story is that the teardrop bubble side windows I got from the van as a gag are now apparently worth hundreds of dollars .

I was never inducted to Team Smart, but I think I qualified years ago. I had 2 headlight covers for a 37 Ford (IIRC). I was in the garage walking into the house, and tripped on the step. They both broke. Can't put broken covers on ebay.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil