A Way Back View

Started by enjenjo, November 19, 2017, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

WOW   :shock:   It's been awhile, huh  :?:

BUT  :!:  :!:  :!:      It's still fun & the BEST group of people EVER   :!:  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

idrivejunk

I didn't know what a forum was then, and was enjoying the car hobby as it should be. Anybody else miss Windows XP?
Matt

Carnut

Yep a lot of memories online.

XP? I'm still using XP on my workstation lappys.

jaybee

Wow, I didn't realize it's been so long!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

The Wayback Machine is fun for old memories. I used to have links to pages on Cary's old RRT site that worked using Wayback but they're inactive now. I do have some copies of threads from then though. One is sad responses to Cary's post that the RRT was finished....officially closed and another is a thread of cool member introductions. Many of the posters have passed now...but some are still hanging out here.

Thanks for the memory Frank...and more than that thanks to you and Fatcat for reviving the RRT back then and keeping things rolling all these years.
George

kb426

I see that was in February. I joined in October. I remember in the 1st year, there was lots of sorrow with health issues. Being new, I didn't know any of these families. We still have some sorrow but there's  no better bunch of people. :)
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Want to go back even further and have a laugh look at this. http://roddingroundtable.com/dcforum/DCForumID11/1.html

Gee ..I thought the group we have NOW were a little peculiar ..  :shock:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rrumbler

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Want to go back even further and have a laugh look at this. http://roddingroundtable.com/dcforum/DCForumID11/1.html

That must have been about the time I found the site because I remember that format; but I must have "lurked" for a while before joining in, or got "disconnected' somehow, because my join date is in 2006.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat46

Then there was the "war" with the Jalopy Journal about wide white walls. 😃 And the guy that would put your name on a piece of paper and put it in a shoebox in his closet if he didn't like you! Bill, I think 🤣

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"And the guy that would put your name on a piece of paper and put it in a shoebox in his closet if he didn't like you! Bill, I think 🤣
I'll bet he had Germ's name in that shoebox. Remember him?
George

enjenjo

I think my name is in that shoe box too. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I just had occasion to recall my joining team smart . Picking up an engine out of the back of a truck. For whatever reason I moved some bolts around and then proceeded to lift the engine ....with the bolts finger tight ! BAM engine on the floor , flattened oil pan . No problem , was going to use a different one anyways . OOPS broken balancer , no problem was going to use an SFI one anyways . #@%$ the end of the crank is broken off , problem ! This engine was a "rebuilt " from a van with about 5000 miles on it . When I opened it up it was a rebuilt  , with 30,000 miles on the clock and maybe 1 oil change . Spent a couple thousand on a $100 smoking deal small block . Silver lining to the story is that the teardrop bubble side windows I got from the van as a gag are now apparently worth hundreds of dollars .