good gas availability

Started by idrivejunk, October 21, 2017, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"WOW  :!:   Gas comes from a "Farm"  :?:   That's prolly why it is cheaper in Iowa ... :idea:  
Thank You for the explanation... 8)  :lol:

The Ugly car comes home TODAY   :!:  :!:  :!:

Bob... :wink:

Hot diggity! Burnouts shots are a must as soon as it's together.  :0-0
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"WOW  :!:   Gas comes from a "Farm"  :?:   That's prolly why it is cheaper in Iowa ... :idea:  
Thank You for the explanation... 8)  :lol:

The Ugly car comes home TODAY   :!:  :!:  :!:

Bob... :wink:

Hot diggity! Burnouts shots are a must as soon as it's together.  :0-0

No-No....That was the "OLD" Bob.... :oops:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Where did the old Bob go?????
TEAM SMART

river1

here in AZ all gas comes in on 2 pipelines, one from Texas and the other California. when loads are picked up the different companies additives are loaded. the Frys (kroger) station i work at receives loads of 87 and 91, when someone wants midgrade it gets mixed in the ground on way to pump to make 89.

i think the old story of mixing to get higher octane referred to mixing leaded and unleaded, but could have been just an old wifes tale

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

idrivejunk

Jim, that sounds about right. The Shell additive package is what works for me. Its a cleaning thing more than a power or anti-corn thing. Seems like there may have been lore about mixing magic back in the day, but unleaded fuel only stickers were out before I was ten.

Quote from: "kb426"Where did the old Bob go?????

To the tire store first  :!:  :)
Matt

purplepickup

I don't know where you are in Arkansas but if you feel like running non ethanol gas there's a few places here that have 93 octane https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AR. Probably pricey but might be a treat ol Ponco would like.
George

idrivejunk

Don't wonder where, just look to the left.
<<<<

I really don't mind ethanol. Theres a Sunoco within ten miles of the house that sells 94 but yeah its at least five bucks a gallon. I just want to be like everyone else and burn pump gas at a reasonable price.

Do they let you pump your own gas where you are at? I have heard that in some places up north its all "full service ".
Matt

enjenjo

Every  thing up here is self service. Oregon and New Jersey are the only states that won't let you pump your own fuel.

Have you considered an E85 conversion?  https://www.change2e85.com/E85-Conversion-Kit-Installation-Instructions

That will give you 105 octane fuel.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I went to there website and perused. It would certainly warrant looking into for various applications.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I haven't seen that kit before.... wait.... IT'S A KIT! RUN! :-}

Seriously... E85 has been done to death on the GP forum (corn mod) and I honestly pay no attention. Swapping bought aftermarket parts on and trimming down gas station selection is moving in the wrong direction, for me and the 'P. It's certainly a valid option though, if I were inclined to mod it. Guys with pulleys that barely clear the snout are all over the corn squeezings.

What I'd like to know is the cost of driving comparison but I'm sure the interweb has whupped that equestrian cadaver thoroughly also. If E85 is 2/3 the price but requires a third more volume, where is the cost benefit? I make a week on a tank now, so I figure with E85 I might need gas before payday. Yes I'm in my fifties, but still working hard and living week to week on mowing pay.
Matt