Started by enjenjo, October 04, 2017, 12:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I sure liked the metal work I saw. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"I sure liked the metal work I saw. :)

Good eye :wink:

I am so anti LED that I can't believe I like that idea in the vid. But it IS pretty nifty.
Matt

416Ford

Speaking from experience I can tell you that he will not be able to see a thing at night with those going off in the cab.... Just saying. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

purplepickup

^^^^
Agree. I've got a bluetooth thingie that flashes blue & drives me nuts at night. I throw a hat over it and I can still see blue flashes. :evil:
George

jaybee

Cool project, but that's a lot of light in the cab at night.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "purplepickup"^^^^
Agree. I've got a bluetooth thingie that flashes blue & drives me nuts at night. I throw a hat over it and I can still see blue flashes. :evil:

Hey George .....Did ya ever think those flash's could be from heat  :?:  :?:   I've heard it happens to guy's too... :roll:  :roll: :shock:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
 Hey George .....Did ya ever think those flash's could be from heat  :?:

Bob... :wink:

More likely from a night I don't remember in 1969... :roll:
George

Rrumbler

Pretty fancy, Nancy, but I think they would drive me to distraction. I've had a hard time warming up to the LED trend; too bright most of the time, in domestic and industrial lighting, the light hue is off - too blue, mostly, gives poor color rendition to my eye.  I just had an experience with a domestic lighting LED bulb that has soured my opinion of them even more:  I have several outdoor lights that stay on 24-7.  One of them burned out, literally, and took the fixture with it -  lucky I didn't have a fire on my hands.  The other day, the other one showed "out' So I went to replace it, and it was so hot I had to put on gloves to unscrew it, and even then, it burned my fingers; and the danged thing stayed hot for a couple of hours after I took it out of the fixture.  Lucky I din't lose the fixture, or get a fire out of it.  So, they are back to incandescent bulbs, and all the other LED replacement bulbs I have around will be replace with incandescent, too, as they go out - rather pay a higher electric bill and change bulbs more often than burn something down.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

58 Yeoman

Our dining room has a 5-bulb fixture in it, and we spend a lot of time sitting at the table. We changed the bulbs to led's, figuring we would save some money. I dated the bulbs when I put them in, and they generally only lasted about a year and a half. I took the bulb back to Menard's to get a direct replacement, but they said tha Polaroids were only a promotion when we bought ours, and they no longer carried them.

We bought another brand in the same 'color', and they aren't lasting much longer, so I'm going back to incandescent as they burn out. Can hardly find 60 watt bulbs anymore. The led's that burned out...the glass would crack around the base. You could lift the glass off the bulb. I won't buy anymore until I absolutely have to.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

We bought another brand in the same 'color', and they aren't lasting much longer, so I'm going back to incandescent as they burn out. Can hardly find 60 watt bulbs anymore.

Hey Phil...I get my bulb supply from garage sales ..A Dime or a Quarter each ...... :idea:  :idea:  :oops:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I was having a problem with premature bulb failure. A electrician buddy checked out my system, and found a bad ground connection at the load center. He fixed it, and the bulb problems went away.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"We bought another brand in the same 'color', and they aren't lasting much longer, so I'm going back to incandescent as they burn out. Can hardly find 60 watt bulbs anymore.

Hey Phil...I get my bulb supply from garage sales ..A Dime or a Quarter each ...... :idea:  :idea:  :oops:

Bob.. :wink:

Yeah, I was doing that too, for a while.  Now all I'm finding are cfl's.

Phil

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "enjenjo"I was having a problem with premature bulb failure. A electrician buddy checked out my system, and found a bad ground connection at the load center. He fixed it, and the bulb problems went away.

That may be a problem. Since I moved here in 08, I'm finding things (not only electrical) that need re-doing.

Phil

Rrumbler

Quote from: "enjenjo"I was having a problem with premature bulb failure. A electrician buddy checked out my system, and found a bad ground connection at the load center. He fixed it, and the bulb problems went away.

Good point, Frank.  I went through our panel a couple of years ago, found a few loose screw terminals.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.