Kalamazoo maybe

Started by WZ JUNK, August 23, 2017, 08:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

My brother and I may be able to go to the Nats North.  We would like to visit all our friends from the north.   I would like a good shake down run on my car before I tear it down for finishing this winter.  It is time to look for lodging.  We would like to stay somewhere close to the event in a motel with other streetroders.  Not the cheapest place, but not the most expensive either.  A good, clean, safe place to stay.

Where do you stay when attending the Nats North?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

We have been staying at the Baymont Inn next to the host hotel, but have stayed at the Econolodge just down Sprinkle road a bit from the host hotel.  both around $100-$120.
We booked at Baymont months ago though.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

enjenjo

I just booked a room. I will be there early friday morning and come back home saturday night.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"I just booked a room. I will be there early friday morning and come back home saturday night.

Glad to hear it Frank. Hope your felling better.

I believe there are a lot of hotels one exit west of Sprinkel road on I94 also.

John, there is a gathering of cars on Friday and Saturday night at the host hotel and surrounding hotels that is a great time to enjoy also. I am assuming that you have been there before since you do travel a bit.
Dave
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

butch27

I'm doing my first ever swap meet. A real rookie at this but have so much that other rodders can use. Not in it to make money.  See you there.  I 'm think of someplace East of Kal. on 94

phat46

Just confirmed with a friend that I will be their this year. I haven't been since the rolling year change, lost its appeal for me. A friend from Canada goes every year and wanted someone to use his extra pass so here I come. We'll be staying in the campground, he's bringing his homebuilt teardrop camper, I'll be tenting. Looking forward to it, we'll be there Thursday, staying through the awards ceremony on Sunday. Look for the matte black Model A roadster pickup with Canadian plates with a guy too big for it in the passengers seat! 😄

enjenjo

Saturday we started checking the Marlin over. It was out of gas, put some in it, no start. Long story short the carburetor is on the fritz. So, I ordered one from Summit Sunday, and got it today. Of course in the last 27 years, the linkage has changed, so a minor tweak has to be done. I'll try to get it done tomorrow. Then finish the check over. I'll be there friday morning.

UGLY OLDS

Everybody is bustin' $%& tryin' to get the Olds ready .... :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

lofat46

Bob, you guys can do it!

We stay at the Radisson on Michigan Ave. downtown.  Our club has been there for 15 years.  Indoor parking garage with a floor reserved for street rods.  A little pricey, around $129.00, but less than 10 minutes from fairgrounds and lots of eateries downtown to choose from plus 3 restaurants right in the hotel. getting there Thursday, leaving Sunday.

enjenjo

Put the new carb ob the Marlin yesterday, started right up. I still have some linkage work to do.

kb426

Good luck to all of you. Looking forward to the trip reports. :)
TEAM SMART

butch27

I'll be there for my first swap meet ever. Don't know what the heck I'm doing so there should be some great deals LOL

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: butch27I'll be there for my first swap meet ever

HINT....Wear comfy shoes ....     :shock:  :roll:    And bring a bag to carry stuff ... :idea:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

butch27

I'm selling   --Wish me luck,

lofat46

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
Quote from: "butch27"I'll be there for my first swap meet ever

HINT....Wear comfy shoes ....     :shock:  :roll:    And bring a bag to carry stuff ... :idea:

AND JUST IN CASE IT RAINS, bring a second pair of shoes to change into after going to the swap meet. 8)