Chat Problems

Started by enjenjo, September 23, 2004, 10:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

It has come to my attention that some of you are having trouble with the chat software, and others have an issue with the time and day. Faycat and I are checking the software, and any tips we come up with I will post, if necessary we will make some type of change. If you would like another day and time, or a second day and time, let me know.

Any of you with a problem getting on the chat, send me a message with as many details as you have, and we'll see if we can get this fixed up. I'll tell you up front, there is not much we can do on this end with the present software, but we have learned a few things that have helped some members.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

The only problem I had was I was trying to use Netscape to chat and the plug-in I loaded did not work. So I tried Internet Explorer and it worked great, made all of the difference in the world.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

I always get the red X.  I am pretty sure it is from some filter my son put on this machine and I am not smart enough to figure out what to do about it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I always get the red X.  I am pretty sure it is from some filter my son put on this machine and I am not smart enough to figure out what to do about it.

If your using windoze you will prolly get the red x.. the only way i can get on chat is to use netscape.
Its a java thing.. windoze and java had a falling out and the code is no longer supported for the windoze stuff.. Ive tried tell H*E*l*l* froze over and it wont work so thats why i use netscape.
Dave
ps i use it only to get to the chat but i work on mondays so i go to bed early not like some of the retarded guys (spelling?)

enjenjo

I used to use Netscape, couldn't get into chat, switched to explorer, and no more problems. It has more to do with your settings, than the browser. Explorer, Netscape, or Opera will all work if set up right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.