Goodguys Nashville

Started by trackster, April 28, 2017, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Thinking about going to the Goodguys show in Nashville next month.    Will be going as a spectator as going that far in a Model A pickup is just too much for the wife, and me!    Maybe fifteen years ago.    :)     Will spend an extra day or two in the area site seeing.   Any recommendations as far as lodging, places to see, etc.   We will be at the show on Saturday.   Is it worth the drive from Ohio?
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Beck

Lots of music inspired places there. Grand Ole Opry, Graceland, Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame, and Music Row to name a few.

Bars on some street,, Bourbon St. ??

It has been many years since I attended that show, so I don't know what it has become.

If the show is still at the Titan Stadium I believe there is a walk bridge to some attractions. That is if you get tired of the show or your wife wants some different scenery.

trackster

Thanks for the info.   We are going to give it a go if the wife can get off work.

papastoyss

I live 30 miles east of Nashville & go to the show every year.  If you want to trailer your A there is trailer parking across the street from the show which is still at Titans stadium. The country bars are located on lower Broadway & there is a walk only bridge across the Cumberland river from the stadium. There's plenty of Motels in the Hermitage & Donelson areas just east of downtown, morning traffic can be a real $%@&%$.We usually bring snacks for lunch, the Titans control consessions, therefore NFL prices. Hope to see you, I'm the old white hair dude in a t shirt w/a red "40 Ford coupe. Name on sticker is David Midgett
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

trackster