Wiring

Started by 50 F1, March 02, 2017, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50 F1

Getting ready to do some wiring on my Plymouth.  The last car I wired I bought a few spools of wire from Graingers. It was chemical resistant, abrasion resistant really good wire but it was way to stiff to work with. Who sells that wire that is really soft but good quality and easy to work with?

I used a Enos Black box on my last car and I liked it. It looks like they have changed hands but it looks like the box is the same. I think I am going to use one of these again.

Thanks Mike

Okiedokie

enjenjo

You might look at Waytek wire, a bit cheaper and more colors

The wire you want is cross linked polyethelene, not vinyl. There are three types of this wire SLX GLX and TLX. SLX has the thickest insulation, then GLX, and TLX is the thinnest. TLX is sufficient unless the wire is exposed outside all the time. I use SLX for power wires in 10 or 12 gauge.

I also buy it from this vendor 4rcustomswire on Ebay . Good price, and if you only need 10 ft you don't have to buy 100 ft to get it.

The cross linked wire is premium wire, a bit more money, but worth it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I concur with Frank. The underhood temps on my 32 are very high. I believe I used gxl. It's still like new after 10 years and 300 mile trips without stopping.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Nice guy that runs Enos now.  He has made some improvements on the box and now does also sell premarked wire.  I just did not have enough room to run the Black Box on this car, otherwise that is what I would have.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

crdnblu

Do you have a telephone number, or link, for Enos?  I've bought from them in years past, but I can't find any info when I Google them.
Thanks......

crdnblu

Tried 3 more times, & found them as "Racers, Inc."

50 F1

Crdnblu   The original guy that had Enos retired and sold the product line to Racers Inc.

Racers Inc.
5615 W. Highland Drive
Coeur D' Alene, ID 83814

208-600-2998

Mike

50 F1

Thanks Okie, Enjenjo and KB.

I will check into those companies.

Thanks Mike