El Mirage 2017

Started by bucketmouth, January 25, 2017, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

A buddy and I are making our first journey to El Mirage in June. Not having been there before my research is suggesting the towns of Adelanto and Victorville for accomodation. Anyone have any views on this or somewhere else to stay?
Any other suggestions on making my visit there better would be welcome.
Cheers
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "bucketmouth"A buddy and I are making our first journey to El Mirage in June. Not having been there before my research is suggesting the towns of Adelanto and Victorville for accomodation. Anyone have any views on this or somewhere else to stay?
Any other suggestions on making my visit there better would be welcome.
Cheers

My wife and I stayed here a couple of years ago.  http://www.laquintavictorville.com/?cid=local_google_418    Reasonable rates and very nice.  Not a bad drive to El Mirage.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

bucketmouth

Thanks John I'll look into it.

Rrumbler

Victorville is the closest large town, and has a lot of accommodations in the greater metro area; Adelanto is closer, and does have several motels and restaurants, but it is more of a wide spot in the highway.  Palmdale and Lancaster are a little bit farther away to the west and are both fairly robust communities with a lot of stuff available, if you look at them.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

bucketmouth

bucketmouth

I have most of my trip sorted now the only remaining thing is accommodation in Detroit.We are going to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfields for three days.
Anyone able to give me any tips on where I should be looking for accommodation.

cheers

enjenjo

Quote from: "bucketmouth"I have most of my trip sorted now the only remaining thing is accommodation in Detroit.We are going to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfields for three days.
Anyone able to give me any tips on where I should be looking for accommodation.

cheers

sent you a PM
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

416Ford

If your in Detroit for three days you may want to find time to hit the Gilmore Car Museum. It is a two hour drive from Detroit but the grounds there are awesome.  If you get there on a Saturday, you can catch a car show of some sort on most Saturdays or Wednesday after the museum closes they have a huge cruise in with around 200 to 300 cars depending on the weather.

Dave
https://goo.gl/images/Zfjgkj
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

bucketmouth

Thanks for that Dave we are only there for three days we figured we would probably spend two days at the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village so it could be pretty tight doing anything else.The Gilmore Car Museum sounds good I'll have a look at that and see if we can get there.
We are of to the Back To The 50s after that so that rules out the weekend there.
Thanks for the tip.

Charlie.......when are you arriving at the 50's? Where are you staying? We are planning on being there from around lunch time on Friday thru Saturday late afternoon/early evening. We are staying in Brooklyn Center which is a bit North and West of the Fairgrounds.Not sure at this point if I'll be driving one of the cars up or just spectating.Would love to catch up with you.......maybe for dinner Friday night? Have a safe trip and if it is of any benefit.......we have plenty of room  for guests if you're coming anywhere close.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

bucketmouth

Quote from: "40"Charlie.......when are you arriving at the 50's? Where are you staying? We are planning on being there from around lunch time on Friday thru Saturday late afternoon/early evening. We are staying in Brooklyn Center which is a bit North and West of the Fairgrounds.Not sure at this point if I'll be driving one of the cars up or just spectating.Would love to catch up with you.......maybe for dinner Friday night? Have a safe trip and if it is of any benefit.......we have plenty of room  for guests if you're coming anywhere close.

G'day Daryle,we will be there on the Thursday and checking out the following Monday. Love to catch up, I have my buddy coming over on Tuesday night to finalize some of the details. Friday night dinner sounds good. We are staying at the Double Tree in St Paul.

I'll get back to you so we can organize catching up.

bucketmouth

Quote from: "bucketmouth"
Quote from: "40"Charlie.......when are you arriving at the 50's? Where are you staying? We are planning on being there from around lunch time on Friday thru Saturday late afternoon/early evening. We are staying in Brooklyn Center which is a bit North and West of the Fairgrounds.Not sure at this point if I'll be driving one of the cars up or just spectating.Would love to catch up with you.......maybe for dinner Friday night? Have a safe trip and if it is of any benefit.......we have plenty of room  for guests if you're coming anywhere close.

G'day Daryle,we will be there on the Thursday and checking out the following Monday. Love to catch up, I have my buddy coming over on Tuesday night to finalize some of the details. Friday night dinner sounds good. We are staying at the Double Tree in St Paul.

I'll get back to you so we can organize catching up.

Sent you a PM.

Inprimer

Friends and I were there in May, my first time, can't help much on accommodations.  it's somewhat similar to B'ville lot more dusty, and windy, overall a very good turnout. Local vendor  had hots  and hamburgers been to B'ville before , suggest to bring water and drinks, very dry.....and other usual stuff , sun screen definitely a hat. It's going to be my annual stop.since B'ville is too spotty with the salt issues and besides it's only 3.5 hrs away from here :D

bucketmouth

Well I'm in the states now,went to the Goodguys last weekend and been to a bunch of rod shops around Sacremento and San Fransisco. Tomorrow we are heading for El Mirage for the weekend. It's been a busy week :)