33 Ford rocker replacement

Started by idrivejunk, December 04, 2016, 01:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Thanks gents  8)

It has an SBC and automatic, with 9" rear. Sanderson headers and billet small cap HEI. Interior is full custom, with much of the panels having been made previously. I just hope nothing cracks or bubbles before its even assembled like the previous work. I am sure the bodywork bill ain't been cheap and have just tried to keep up a flow of progress. The long-awaited primer step kinda puts the project past major hurdles so all those involved can have an exhale.    :wink:
Matt

348tripower

Your rocker repair is very similar to what we did with the wagon. We had parts but not all of the right ones. So we sliced diced and welded until we had them buggers. It was my job to drill all the holes to spot weld them together and then to weld em shut. I think Scotty was getting even with me for something. :shock: Anyway add seam sealer and prime the bejesus out of them and they came out right nice. :D Shame to cover them up with mouldings. :oops: I have done my fair share of patch panels and stuff but it was my first for something that involved. You guys have a different way of looking at these problems and solving them that I really admire. Keep up the great work!
Don Colliau

idrivejunk

Thanks, Don. I figured surely someone had had the idea to do it this way before. Heck, plug welds are kinda fun but the prep ain't so much. The drill press was my buddy on this job.  :wink:  :idea:  8)
Matt

idrivejunk

Finally. We get to see just what all that looks like underneath  :!:  :shock:

Just lifted off the cart-

After trimming, grinding, some seam sealer-

Matt

kb426

Matt, I look at all the underneath side and then question: what should an 80 year old car look like? All I know is the rust was all repaired and I don't want to puke. Bravo!
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thanks on behalf of the crew!  8)

I sure am glad we ended up doing all that new metal down low.  :)
Matt