Got it !

Started by chimp koose, May 31, 2016, 09:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I was bidding on a vertical mill today and now own it ! I now have a mill just like I have wanted for years . Induma 9x42 table x axis feed quill feed , coolant , self oiler  . I am going to start bringing all my specially made tooling home from work . I am not going to retire for a few years yet , but now I will be able to set up my shop so that when retirement comes I will not have to worry about access to a mill or lathe . Now I am looking for a digital readout .

idrivejunk

Hot diggity!  8)  What will you make first?  :?:  :idea:  :arrow:
Matt

BFS57

Hello;
Little ones out of big ones! :P

Bruce

chimp koose

I currently do a fair bit of machine work for drag racers in town , my friend owns a speed shop and has been keeping me busy for a few years now with referrals for custom work . in the last few years I have made parts for a jet funny car , nitro Harley clutch stuff , nitrous gadgets , suspension parts , pulleys (do one and they swarm you !) header flanges , manifold mods , drive shafts . Basically , if it don't fit I make it do , if you can't find it in a parts book I will design what you need and make it from scratch . After typing this I now understand why my car is not done !

idrivejunk

Sounds like a much-needed and versatile "score".

Can it cut flakes?   :D
Matt

kb426

When I read the title, I didn't know where this would go. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I had the same thought KB...... :oops:  

Matt... Chimp's gonna make the same thing we all do with our machines:   ...CHIPS.... :idea:

Little ones outta big ones like Bruce said ... :lol:
( Big ones outta little ones require a little more time & work) ...  :roll:

Careful spreading the word Chimp....You may wind up like Frank & be twice as busy AFTER you retire ..... :?

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I have basically decided that I will have to finish the T before I retire , then I will take on larger projects for others . There are a number of things I want to get out of the way before I retire . Getting the mill was one of them .

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"I have basically decided that I will have to finish the T before I retire , then I will take on larger projects for others . There are a number of things I want to get out of the way before I retire . Getting the mill was one of them .

Retiring with a finished T.... then still having steam for other's larger projects...

Thats huge. Congratulations in advance.  8)
Matt

Beck

Now, if I could just figure out how to economically get my engine block to Saskatchewan.