Helpful Item Located ...

Started by UGLY OLDS, February 16, 2016, 10:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

QuoteIn a pinch you can use your credit card as a scraper , I rarely loose my wallet .

OR... My preferred method:
Determine that trip is REALLY necessary ...
Start truck ...activate heater/defroster ... Go back inside for second cup of coffee ...

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

It was so cold (-40ish)here one night and I had to go to the police station. There was about 8" of snow piled up on the bottom of the windshield that I didn't bother to clear . I put the defrost on high and started to drive . Just before I get to the police station I heard a big bang, made my wife and I jump. The otherwise perfect windshield had split in a line from side to side right along the top of the snow. Had it happen one other time when I parked a parts donor 65 ford truck in the shop overnight right under a forced air shop furnace . came back and the windshield that was to be on the list of parts used was split .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"It was so cold (-40ish)here one night and I had to go to the police station. There was about 8" of snow piled up on the bottom of the windshield that I didn't bother to clear . I put the defrost on high and started to drive . Just before I get to the police station I heard a big bang, made my wife and I jump. The otherwise perfect windshield had split in a line from side to side right along the top of the snow. Had it happen one other time when I parked a parts donor 65 ford truck in the shop overnight right under a forced air shop furnace . came back and the windshield that was to be on the list of parts used was split .

Chimp...I think that you missed part #1.....
  "Determine that trip is REALLY necessary ... "

-40* & snow  :?:  :?:

Nope ..Trip NOT necessary ..... :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

kb426

CK, every Canadian I have met, I have enjoyed. I am not capable of understanding the process for anyone to live where it stays cold for so many months of the year. You have my respect for how you handle your environment. Lets get back to whacky metalflake! :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Y'know when I first read this thread then finished my laff, I thought of the one place where the world has never been a'feared of copious amounts of ginormous flake... bowling balls. Also could be used as icebreakers but maybe not so much for windows. Maybe chicks though!

This one looks like flakes from a bumper throwed into a wood chipper! :twisted:

Matt

chimp koose

The nice things about cold climates . No mosquitos for 5 months of the year . No poisonous snakes . Few hurricanes . It is culturally acceptable to drive a beater for the winter months . No risk of flooding for most of the year . When its cold , put on another layer of clothes ( if its too hot you can't get naked ,,,, unless you are mowing the lawn ) You really can enjoy a hot holiday in winter . In summer the sun is out till way late and up before you wake . You can fish in the middle of the lake without having a boat . when hunting for old tin you can go in spring and the snow is gone but the trees without leaves can not obstruct your view .When it is really cold you can count on your in laws NOT popping by .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"The nice things about cold climates . No mosquitos for 5 months of the year . No poisonous snakes . Few hurricanes . It is culturally acceptable to drive a beater for the winter months . No risk of flooding for most of the year . When its cold , put on another layer of clothes ( if its too hot you can't get naked ,,,, unless you are mowing the lawn ) You really can enjoy a hot holiday in winter . In summer the sun is out till way late and up before you wake . You can fish in the middle of the lake without having a boat . when hunting for old tin you can go in spring and the snow is gone but the trees without leaves can not obstruct your view .When it is really cold you can count on your in laws NOT popping by .

All good points ... :roll:       Did you see those hood ornaments that idrivejunk has  :shock:  :shock:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

One for the top of each front fender    :idea:  :idea:  :?  :?  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

chimp koose

I was thinking of how they could be used on a car . Thanks ugly olds !Do you know they make car wrap material in metal flake now .

idrivejunk

Surely we could mill a bowling ball down into a 30s style headlight pod. Or split in half for two dog dish hubcaps   :shock:   :roll:  :roll:
Matt

chimp koose

I like the headlights idea .

Crosley.In.AZ

well, people die each year to exposure to cold in the winter & heat in the summer.

Both sets of inlaws have been deceased for years.  No problem there.

We cant keep the sunshine out lately.  Dang BBQ fired up 1 - 3 times a week in the evenings.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)