battery minder

Started by enjenjo, January 02, 2016, 08:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

The ambulance I bought runs the batteries dead in a few days. I have tried to find the load that is running them dead, and found that it is supposed to be plugged in to 110 when not in use. So after disconnecting things in several different ways with no success, I bought a Priority Start, a box that disconnects the battery if it starts to run down. Most of the reviews are good, so I will try it, and see if it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030A10V0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Could it be a "Hybrid" Ambulance  :?:  :?:

Just trying to help...... :idea:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

yah, I would b the guy driving down the road with an extension cord draging from plug in to 110 over nite
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

this is what i use to test parasitic draws with on OBD2 cars..

i use it with my HF37772 volt meter as it has a 20 amp DC shunt in it.

the switch is http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-battery-cutoff-switch-66789.html

when i use it on an OBD2 car/truck.. i hook it into between the negative cable and the negative post..  with the switch closed.. METER DISCONNECTED  i start the engine for a minute.. then shut it off... take the keys out of the ignition and lock the doors as normal.. i look at my watch.. in 7 minutes i plug the banana jacks into my meter amp ports... then i turn the switch OFF.. so any  residual current flows thru the meter shunt..

i have now routed all the current draw thru my meter and have shut down all the electronics without disconnecting the battery.  

with an ambulance... i would look for Inverters that keep some 120 volt sockets powered up... there may be a big battery switch behind or under the back of the drivers seat.. sometimes farther back to turn off the inverters..

follow the additional battery cables that go down under and come up in the middle.

i know you probably know all this.. i am just trying to help..