Would you buy one?

Started by enjenjo, December 05, 2015, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I would have to be almost crippled to consider that. Then it might become very useful.
TEAM SMART

tomslik

IF I was 20 years younger and was still gonna be in this trade, hell yes!
sure would have saved a lot of wear and tear on the body...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

Didn't see a price - probably about the same a raising a human through college.

I can see myself using one but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to move without it. Not there yet.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

idrivejunk

Matt

UGLY OLDS

Tempting ... 8)   But falling off the creeper & climbing to an upright position is about the only exercise I get now .... :shock:  :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

nope.  Might have saved my back a bit though.  Dealing with arthuritous has been little fun in recent yrs

Could be useful for proper situation , smoother floor, less cluttered floor than I was often on.

I prefer car hoist  when possible, not human hoist.

Many folks have sent this video to me.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

Oh HE** yes!!!!  If I could afford one and it could carry me, and I had the open, uncluttered space to use it in.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

I barely fit under my vehicles without a creeper . The creeper would bring me closer to the work = even stronger reading glasses . I would bet that creeper would cost more than anything I drive . BUT........ does it come in metalflake?

jaybee

A quick Google shows this thing costing around $1,000. I can think of a whole bunch of things I'd rather spend $1,000 on.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jaybee"A quick Google shows this thing costing around $1,000. I can think of a whole bunch of things I'd rather spend $1,000 on.

Is that the "Deluxe" model or a stripper  :?:  :?:  

Do they take trade in's  :idea:  :?:  :?:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

i agree that not fitting under the cars...

but that is so much better than a layer of cardboard or my current creeper.. a moving blanket..

i would sure hate to have it try to go up and smash my face into the bottom of the car..

now.. if only the wheels were powered also.. so you could make parts runs on it.

it would probably refuse to lift my weight..

chimp koose

I never even thought about it trying to sit you up when you are under the car! what if you dropped a wrench on the controls and it started to move ? My shop floor is too cracked up to use a creeper anyways . I think the hardest thing about working on cars for me the last few years has been the climbing in or out from under the car .

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"I think the hardest thing about working on cars for me the last few years has been the climbing in or out from under the car .

i find that if i take a nap while i'm under the car it makes it easier to climb out from under it :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

bucketmouth

It would be pretty good but for a $1000 bucks I could spend that money on better things for my workshop. I have to settle for a softer sort of cardboard.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.