ilegal to mail order body repair supplies in Michigan?

Started by moose, August 27, 2015, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Has any of the Michigan members been denied body shop supply sales to be shipped into Michigan? We tried to place an order with Summit and were told that they could no longer ship fillers, primers, paint, etc into Michigan??? Supposed to be some new law?

moose

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

i wonder if this has something to do with it..

http://www.michigan.gov/deq/0,4561,7-135--359676--,00.html

looks like this is a draft.. but did it get enacted???

58 Yeoman

Geeeezzz, what's next?  I watched a state truck last week going slowly down the highway with the passenger holding a spray wand out his window, spraying all around sign posts, guy wires, drainage tile and guardrails to kill the weeds.  He killed the weeds around the sign posts for a good 10' diameter so the weed mowers wouldn't have to get so close to the posts, etc.

BUT...don't you use anything that will harm the environment.

Off my soapbox now...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

wayne petty

that's just great... so anybody who walks thru that grass tracks it home.. to share what ever version of agent orange they used..

when the grass dries.. and cars and trucks drive past.  the dust raised gets spread on everybody's car..  gets into the open windows..  thru the HVAC system where it gets inhaled or ingested..  or just all over you where you take it home and spread it around there for the kids to pickup.

railroads do the same thing on their right of ways..  right against your back fence if you live next to a track..

contractors spray the bare ground on construction sites.. spray the ground so no weeds or grass grow..  contractors come in and dig thru the ground.. spread it around.. get it on their clothing.. in their trucks and cars.  where it gets spread thru their house and into the washing machine to get spread evenly across the clothes ..   its just frightening..  oh.. but when the home is done.. the new turf is rolled out.. one wonders what kinds of sprays were used on that..  then the gardener sprays again to keep the weeds out of the lawn that he has spread from his lawn mower cutting some other weed infested lawn across town.

a post on reddit a guy woke up and found the apartment building exterminator spraying in his kitchen..  mostly aiming under the fridge..  hmm.. that's right where the kids walk  barefoot..

this just makes me cringe..

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "wayne petty"that's just great... so anybody who walks thru that grass tracks it home.. to share what ever version of agent orange they used..

when the grass dries.. and cars and trucks drive past.  the dust raised gets spread on everybody's car..  gets into the open windows..  thru the HVAC system where it gets inhaled or ingested..  or just all over you where you take it home and spread it around there for the kids to pickup.

railroads do the same thing on their right of ways..  right against your back fence if you live next to a track..

contractors spray the bare ground on construction sites.. spray the ground so no weeds or grass grow..  contractors come in and dig thru the ground.. spread it around.. get it on their clothing.. in their trucks and cars.  where it gets spread thru their house and into the washing machine to get spread evenly across the clothes ..   its just frightening..  oh.. but when the home is done.. the new turf is rolled out.. one wonders what kinds of sprays were used on that..  then the gardener sprays again to keep the weeds out of the lawn that he has spread from his lawn mower cutting some other weed infested lawn across town.

a post on reddit a guy woke up and found the apartment building exterminator spraying in his kitchen..  mostly aiming under the fridge..  hmm.. that's right where the kids walk  barefoot..

this just makes me cringe..

Meanwhile, others deliberately ingest chemicals for recreation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

You can ship them to me unless you don't want to come pick them up. I have received several UPS paint shipments in the last year.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Don Colliau

moose

What I learned from summit is that it has to do with Michigan adopting California CARB standards. If they have been adopted or just pending is still up in the air.

Frank I am just take up your offer when we get an order put together to get  a bulk load

Canuck

My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

Crosley.In.AZ

If I read this correctly.  Because of Calliefornia installed certain rules , laws, guidelines on paint... we have other states following those fools , again.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

moose

Tony, That is what Summit's rep led me to believe. Our Legislator's are on vacation AGAIN so I cannot follow up with them till mid Sept.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "moose"Tony, That is what Summit's rep led me to believe. Our Legislator's are on vacation AGAIN so I cannot follow up with them till mid Sept.

likely , Summit's legal dept is early in action.  Guess we , wait and see.

I just see so much "stuff" come out of Calliefornia  (Land of fruits n Nutz)  that is taken up by other states :  like Aridzona ....  and it is simply BS
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

butch27

I just ordered and received some semi-toxic bee killer.  ??

38mag