1955 1st generation GMC truck guages

Started by ragtag, May 18, 2015, 11:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtag

A friend of mine is building a 55 1st generation GMC truck and is looking for  gauges. He wants a gauge set that looks close to original and electric. Any ideas who might have something.

Try these guys http://www.newvintageusa.com They are not cheap but are good quality at a fair price.I have used thier gauges on the last couple of builds and am very pleased.The first set had a couple of minor issues but they were very quick to solve the problems. I believe the owners used to be in the aircraft instrument business prior to starting this company.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

I did one a few years ago using Dolphin gauges, it's still on the road several years later with no problems. Just be aware that a 54 GMC dash is different than a 54 Chevy dash.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Here is a photo of the gauges installed in my 37 Sedan.They have beige faces,red pointers and pretty well mimic the look of the stock 37 gauges.They seem to be very accurate and I like the fact that the turn signal indicator is built in and also that you have all of the gauges needed but they aren't strung out all over the dash.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

WZ JUNK

I like the look of the gauge panels that mimic the original style.   However, if one gauge fails, you would need to send the whole cluster in to the manufacture for repair rather than replace the one bad gauge.   Just my thought.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ragtag

We went with New Vintage in Detroit and they did a great job. Thanks for all your help.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "ragtag"We went with New Vintage in Detroit and they did a great job. Thanks for all your help.

I viewed the web site of New Vintage gauges....  very neat stufff in there
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "ragtag"We went with New Vintage in Detroit and they did a great job. Thanks for all your help.

I viewed the web site of New Vintage gauges....  very neat stufff in there

I agree and made in Detroit USA as well

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.