G.M. Heritage Center

Started by phat46, April 10, 2015, 09:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

has anyone gone there? My son in laws uncle invited me to go on a tour, he works at the Design Center and can have three guests come on a tour with him. Sounds like it would be interesting. He twice took me on a tour of the Design Center that was really great.

enjenjo

I've been there, well worth the time. There are a lot of one off cars from GM, and even some cars from the competitors.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

A few of us from the HAMB & RRT went in '08 thanks to Bob K. I'd definitely go again if I had a chance. One cool part is that there is no barriers between you and the displays. I think they have a lot of different stuff and rotate it often.  It is well worth your time.

Here's a few pics I took there:

George

purplepickup

....and some more....Have fun!

George

phat46

That looks really nice, my schedule is clear for the day we can go so I guess I will. When we went to the Design Center tour I wandered into an area that is a repair shop, they had four cars lined up in the shop and there was no one there except the techs. I asked if it was o.k. For me to be there because there are so many areas of the Design Center where you can't go. The tech said it was o.k. And I exclaimed "Hey , that's the Buick Y Job By Harley Earl!" He looked at me and said yeah, you want to look at it? We went over to it and he showed me what they were fixing on it and I asked if it had a straight eight in it. He leaned over the side and pulled the hood release and told me to open the hood! Then we walked over and leaned on the Bill Mitchell Corvette! 😀

Charlie Chops 1940

Did the '08 tour also. Very nice and well worth the time.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Sounds great. If I make it to Michigan, there's about 40 zillion things for a car guy to do.
TEAM SMART