Power windows 41-48 Ford

Started by 416Ford, March 17, 2015, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

That is were the confusion all started Frank. :) It's not just the switch but the remote to lower the window.
My doors are like Jack's with no exterior handle and we need to reach in to open the door.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat rat

Dave, I don't have time right now but tomorrow I'll look through my build file for the instructions on hooking up the remote system I have in my car. I know it's a different company than yours though because mine is a Balls remote and they went out of business years ago. As I recall Ford motors work different than GM. It seems to me that they are not reverse polarity. I have 2 relays on mine for the remote system. One relay is up the other is down. To avoid so many wires going through the door jam my relays are in the door.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

416Ford

I have the window regulators in now Jack and they are reverse polarity. grounding the motors does not help. I can get the window to go up and down with the remote now if I hook up one wire to the shell of the door and the other to the power wire I used for the popper before. And if I swap them around I can  get the window to come down.
I would appreciate you looking. I have two big trees to cut up on Saturday so I will not be working on the car.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat rat

Here's the schematic for my windows. If it's to small for you to read pm me your email and I'll send them.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

348tripower

Any of you experts know what motors I could use on bu 1950 Suburban?
Don Colliau

enjenjo

I have used 70s GM motors in AD trucks, but it is quite time consuming doing it. You need rear door motors, they are much thinner than front door motors.

That said, unless you are doing them for yourself, or a buddy,  New Port electric window regulators bolt in, adjust as the stock ones do, and come with a warrantee. In the long run it's cheaper for a customer
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have used 70s GM motors in AD trucks, but it is quite time consuming doing it. You need rear door motors, they are much thinner than front door motors.

That said, unless you are doing them for yourself, or a buddy,  New Port electric window regulators bolt in, adjust as the stock ones do, and come with a warrantee. In the long run it's cheaper for a customer

Frank,
I was referring to the Plymouth Suburban :)
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Ohhh.... Ok  :oops:

I am not 100% on this but I think the gear pitch on Mopar regulators is the same as GM motors. If not a Ford motor will work, that is the only two gear pitches I have found.

You might have to play with motor positions, usually I find that pointing the motor forward under the vent window works best. In some cases you have to trim internal braces to make room and/or cut access holes on the inside of the door.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Windows are now working off the switches and the remotes. I was able to use the relays I had for the door poppers, just needed to get the proper wiring diagram to make them work.