i'm your biggest fan

Started by river1, March 13, 2015, 02:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

anyone familiar with this fan? found on a 46-8 ford at a local museum

might be able to get a manicure from it

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Digger

Quote from: "river1"anyone familiar with this fan? found on a 46-8 ford at a local museum

might be able to get a manicure from it

later jim
l think those blades might be rubber but would still hurt.
Is that a vacuum line going to lt ?
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

Dad had one of those on his 48 Chevy sedan. Yes it was vacuum operated, no it didn't have enough power to hurt you, I would stick my fingers in it all the time. It was usually pointed at the windshield unless I was playing with it.

I have the modern electric version of that out of a motor home here in the shop.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

A few years back, a tree fell in my yard, and I gave most of the firewood to a friend of mine.  He gave me a vac fan, and said that maybe I could put it on ebay.  He got it out of a '39 Chevy that had been sitting in the timber for years.  Somebody bought it, don't remember how much I got for it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Dad had one of those on his 48 Chevy sedan.  I would stick my fingers in it all the time.
It's a wonder we lived through those dangerous years isn't it? :wink:
George

Rrumbler

That's a cute li'l bugger, isn't it?
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Dad had one of those on his 48 Chevy sedan.  I would stick my fingers in it all the time.
It's a wonder we lived through those dangerous years isn't it? :wink:

Not really, it it was too stupid your parents stopped you, otherwise they let you learn on your own.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I just learned of under-dash gasoline heaters awhile back, now vaccuum fans, whats next? New wrinkle everday...

Grandpa grabbed the lighter in his Olds once when my brother was tiny, it popped out of the dash and he asked "Whats that?" "Touch it." Ha! No more questions, just more suicidal gulping from the garden hose. LOL
Matt

phat46

I have that same fan that 58 Yeoman posted, found it in a box of junk at a swap, $4.
On the subject of learning lessons with fans my parents had a big window fan to try to cool the whole house before a.c. I could stick my fingers through the grill and let them bounce off the blades as the rotated while blowing in. It was reversible so I tried it the other way......once. :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I just learned of under-dash gasoline heaters awhile back, now vaccuum fans, whats next? New wrinkle everday...

yuuuup.  A friend had a gasoline heater in his old VW bug. That some of beach would get very hot in the car!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)