The Byron Meltdown

Started by WZ JUNK, February 27, 2015, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Hooley, my brother Sam, and I are going to take the "Okie Twister" Henry J gasser to the Byron Meltdown at Byron, Illinois. http://meltdowndrags.com/    All of us miss the days, when a lot of us here on the Rodders Roundtable would meet at Indy Goodguys each June.  I hope that some of you will be able to meet up with us at the meltdown.  It is our first year for this event but we have heard good things about the show and the drags.  Unfortunately this event is mid summer and close to the time some of you will be going west to Bonneville.  

I sure miss seeing all of our friends up north, maybe some of us can rendezvous at Byron.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Digger

The Hunnert  Car Heads Up has been moved to Byron this year. Its another great nostagla show with the same basic rules as the Meltdown. I believe its 1965 and earlier and any quicker than 14 sec. follows NHRA rules. --Sept. 12th.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Bob K

Quote from: "Digger"The Hunnert  Car Heads Up has been moved to Byron this year. Its another great nostagla show with the same basic rules as the Meltdown. I believe its 1965 and earlier and any quicker than 14 sec. follows NHRA rules. --Sept. 12th.

See you there John, Was I supposed to send you a picture?

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Booked my room for the Meltdown John. I've never seen Hooley's Twister run in person.  Am looking forward to seeing it and you guys.
George