Who makes Hondas oil

Started by junkyardjeff, December 17, 2014, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

A friend just bought a Acura and was wondering who made the oil that they sell at the dealer.

WZ JUNK

I do not know but I used Honda oil in all of the Honda motorcycles I owned over the years.  I was impressed with Honda motorcycle oil.  It looked really good when I drained it for an oil change.  I have no scientific evidence just a good feeling about the oil.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

junkyardjeff

Found a Honda forum and did some reading and found a couple oil companies who supplied their oil,it was also brought up that what they sell in quarts could be different then what they put in at oil changes since that oil is bought in bulk and most likely from a local supplier. I told him to find a good oil in the same rating that the manual calls for and use it.

crdnblu

Arnold

A bit o/t. My buddy gets his Benz oil changed at the dealership.He just has an 06 sedan..no big deal.

$400 per oil change.
  $800 every other oil change or they won't honour the warranty.

He says it is "special oil". Special synthetic..$20 something per litre.

Must be special oil ..he had an extended warranty..(that was only 4K :roll: )GOOD THING :lol:
  'cause he spun the crank out of it..at 80 k..just out of warranty..
  MB was squealing purrty good about not wanting to fix it.
  They did..$15K.

I say get some NORMAL oil..synthetic or whatever..wherever..and get that in there.

Bulk oil..ya..ya gotta watch some of that stuff :evil:

purplepickup

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I told him to find a good oil in the same rating that the manual calls for and use it.
In my opinion that's good advise.
George