Marlin at SEMA

Started by 34ford, November 06, 2014, 02:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34ford

http://image.hotrod.com/f/85672915+w660+h440+cr1/IMG-9493.jpg

We all liked this, but had our doubts many shared our enthusiasm. We were wrong. This 1965-66 Rambler Marlin in the House of Kolor Paint display was a deep, dark candy burgundy, was finished to the highest degree, featured a tasty black leather interior, and had a terrific stance. That brings up the thing we've said many times before that you can have the dumbest car and if it sits right and has a terrific wheel and tire combo it's golden with us. In this case platinum.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/events/trends-or-one-hit-wonders-at-the-2014-sema-show/#ixzz3IJr0pswg
Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

idrivejunk

I think Marlins are primo for buildups like that. My friend has an unrestored one and it gives me all sorts of ideas. They were unusual. The one at SEMA looks beautiful in the little pic, I'd like to see more of it because I dig the dark and low 60s look the most!
Matt

jaybee

I love that street rod aesthetic is being applied to cars from the muscle car era now.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Marlin  is * looking.  I will never adjust to the large diameter wheel with O-ring tires.

About a 17 or 18 inch wheel on cars is "it"  for me.  Trucks can go larger to 20 inch.

4x4 or dually trucks with the 22.5 wheels, look stupid to me.

We are all made different.  Keeps the hobby going
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mac

Then Frank Sr. was a visionary quite a few years earlier!  );b(
Who\'s yer Data?

Harry

I always thought the Matador would look good done in a Bonneville style.
Or NASCAR wheels and low....

Beck

Just a note on the other cars in the lower link above.

The orange truck has a door in the bed. A local fiberglass repair company built a fiberglass 65 chevy 3/4 ton several years ago. They built the bed sides with doors like this. They had 3 doors per side. The front and rear were big enough to hold 5 gal buckets. The center above the tire was long enough to hold rolls of fiberglass mat and cloth. They widened the bed slightly so it still held 4x8 ft sheets in the bed. The widening did not detract from the appearance. All body panels except the body shell were fiberglass. After years of service it is now retired.

I like the cab over International. Talk about pushing a brick. I help a tractor puller. I keep suggesting building a tow rig using a cab over fire truck. It would be difficult to build a low cabover that could still haul 15k pounds. Currently he uses a semi with a retired moving van, which is normal in the sport.

The aluminum open cockpit thing, sorry but it isn't for me. Neither is the Hot Wheels car. To each his own.

fast401

Pic of my sons Matador.  Ramblers are alive in Swanton Ohio!
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

enjenjo

There is a lot of work done on that car, it's like AMC should have built it to begin with
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.