Those RRT members here that have passed on

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 25, 2014, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I was thinking about C9  aka Jay Carnine the other evening.  I realized that novemeber 2014  , it has been 5 yrs since Jay passed away.

I know I have forgotten some folks .  

One fellow I have pictured in my mind from his visits to Hughes Performance via the Good Guys show shop tours.  I can not remember his user name or Real name.  Lived in  Montana ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Don Palfreyman? OFOF user name, from SLC. Also Old Suburban from Wa.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

I did not know that Old Suburban had passed.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don Palfreyman? OFOF user name, from SLC. Also Old Suburban from Wa.

yuuup.  I thought he was named Don.  Always a big smile & a hello.
Tony

jaybee

Great folks all. In particular I think of C9 from time to time. What an incredible story teller and the solutions he came up with while building were always clever & interesting.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

C9 was also always willing to help .. No matter what the question .. A true gentleman ...  Another person like C9 that always had patience & was willing to help was Randy .. ( He had multiple '32s, I cannot remember his screen name ... ) ..   I think a true test of a mans character is how he treats the people he does not know ... I will always remember Jay & Randy at the top of that list .....

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rrumbler

I think of Jay - C9 - often.  He and I shared a lot of similarities in our separate lives: we worked for the same company, in the same job but 200 miles apart, we  retired at the same time, we both grew up in SoCal in the fifties and sixties and I often visited the Ventura area where he grew up; we followed similar trails in hot rod interest only about 150 miles apart, and I was nowhere near the level of expertise in rodding that he was.  In retirement, we wound up living about a hundred miles apart, too, and shared at least a couple more common interest, shooting and boondocking.  The strange thing is, we never met face to face.  He was so talented, a great story teller, always seemed ready to help and was patient with folks who had a hard time "getting" something, and I thought he was an all around nice guy.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

DrJ

I met Don and Jay in person the same day I met the two Franks and some more of you, at a taco stand in Covina? California, and I sat down at a table with a breakfast burrito across a table from Jay and he just started talking like it was a continuation of a conversation we were having, in person, the previous night.  8)
I also remember being overwhelmed by RED sitting in Don's beautiful Coupe.
I think of talking to them and then remember....

HotRodLadyCrusr

Awesome guys, each and every one of them that you guys mentioned.  I'm so happy that I made the effort over the last 15 years to meet and get to know them.  They are truly missed by all who's lives they touched.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Carps

Rarely a day goes by that I don't think of Jay or Don Sr, they both played a role in my life and taught me some valuable lessons about fun and friendship.

The Olds wheelcaps that Jay found and sent to me are now permenantly fitted to my '33 Ford and Jay's books feature in my library as do both his and Don's images, in photographs that hang in that room and my garage as reminders of the fun times we shared with our other freinds who hopefully will remain with us for many years to come.

Don Palfreyman - AKA Don Sr.

Jay Carnine - AKA C-9

Dolly, the original Rodders Roundtable gal is still with us.  

Unfortunately such is the nature of life, we will lose more of our friends as our own goes on.  I think to be one who is missed and fondly remembered is a measure that we did good while were here and life doesnt get better than that.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

wow,  I did not remember the year Don passed away.   Does not seem that long ago that he would show up at Hughes Performance  while at the Good Guys event.

never met C9 Jay.. I have his books here.  I sent Jay a few T-400 trans parts he needed.  he sent me the books for trade.
Tony