had fun at parent teacher interviews tonight.

Started by chimp koose, October 17, 2014, 12:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I had an unusual but fun experience at parent teacher interviews tonight. I have a few older students in my machining night class , a couple guys in their 60s and one in his late 50s . I was telling them it would be fun if they brought their parents to parent teacher interviews tonight and one of them took me up on it!I met both parents and showed them around the shop.Dad was quite interested in the model T but I got a little ribbing from him about not having a T motor in it. We had rehearsed what I was to say to the parents about paying better attention etc. just like they had heard in the 70s and the parents got a good chuckle out of it.Had a nice visit with some folks in their 80s  and they now know what their son is up to at night .

39deluxe

Digger

Quote from: "chimp koose"I had an unusual but fun experience at parent teacher interviews tonight. I have a few older students in my machining night class , a couple guys in their 60s and one in his late 50s . I was telling them it would be fun if they brought their parents to parent teacher interviews tonight and one of them took me up on it!I met both parents and showed them around the shop.Dad was quite interested in the model T but I got a little ribbing from him about not having a T motor in it. We had rehearsed what I was to say to the parents about paying better attention etc. just like they had heard in the 70s and the parents got a good chuckle out of it.Had a nice visit with some folks in their 80s  and they now know what their son is up to at night .
);b(  );b(  );b(
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Crosley.In.AZ

yep, good job.  it shows the older parents , that they can get out.  See different, new stuff if they want.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)